Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tourweaver2.0 on April 2nd! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Joe Rao on April-03-2007 at 2:29am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

Dear customers,

Tourweaver2.0 has been updated once again, both Pro and Sta available. With following fixed bugs:

1.Mute for sound doesn't work.

2.Best fit for still image doesn't work.

The problems caused by the version on March 27th have also been fixed. Builder: 2.00.070402. You can download it at: http://www.easypano.com/panorama-virtual-tour-software/free-trial.html.

Please follow my instructions in my previous thread before you install this one to guaranttee you will have a more stable Tourweaver2.0.

More free skins and sample tours have been uploaded onto our website. You can download them for your interest at: http://www.easypano.com/virtual-tour-software/skin.html

http://www.easypano.com/virtual-tour-software/gallery-tw2.html

Hope you will enjoy them.

Best Regards,

Joe Rao

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by thedhgroup on April-03-2007 at 10:23pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts

I now have version 2.00.070402 properly installed on my machine.  The first thing I noticed was the viewer jerked more than it did before.  This happened on a version I installed a few days ago as well.  As a test I added some background music and I found the browser making frequent calls to the server while interacting with the viewer, thus the jerky behaviour.  Without the sound it appears to do the same thing. 

To prove it this time take a gander at http://www.dvt360.com/temp/tw2/output.html

Contrast that with this made with version 2.00.070301

http://www.dvt360.com/temp/tw2old/output.html

The sound file is over 1mb and may take a while to load.  Wait till it does and then try interacting with the scene.  Does anybody else get strange behavior? I use IE7 or Firefox with the latest Java VM from Sun. Hosting is on Unix

EP folks, can you do me a favor?  If this is indeed a bug and it is not just me and you fix it, can you on the next release make the wait image stick around for a bit longer?  I'm getting a lot of calls on the blurry, gray or grid from folks that are not used to seeing that happen.  I try to keep my file size around 300kb per image but if your on a front lawn under a tree the file size for me ends up being 400kb.  If I don't modify the movie to pause at start, some folks are getting all the way around without seeing a clear image.

Thank you.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by mgora1 on April-04-2007 at 8:58am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
We have reported this to EP as well.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by taczer on April-05-2007 at 9:46am
View taczer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by taczer Search   Quote taczer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
taczer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
April-05-2007
10 Posts
What happened with JPEG Quality option in Publish menu? It seems very useful. (page 88 in TW Manual)

Taczer

Message posted by mstoss on April-05-2007 at 5:57pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by taczer on April-05-2007
What happened with JPEG Quality option in Publish menu? It seems very useful. (page 88 in TW Manual)

Taczer

EP hold these truths to be self-evident, that all images are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with one compressing algorithm only, and that there is no need for individual treatment. ;-)

TW does not support compressing adjustments any more, which IMHO is not nearly as important as their decision not to support an open JPG file format any longer. All panoramic images are encrypted and thus you are not able to compress your images individually with e.g. Photoshop or KISS MyImage and put them in the project folder. BAD decision.

Hope they correct for this soon.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by smooth on April-05-2007 at 11:46pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

As I have stated before we should have the option to encrypt or not too. We need control of the compression. Tourweaver doesn't need to do any compression work at all.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Joe Rao on April-06-2007 at 5:12am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

Dear customers,

Encryption of panoramic image is for the stream loading,not out of any other reason.I have submitted your feedbacks to our programmers, but it can't be changed in a second. Hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Joe Rao

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by thedhgroup on April-06-2007 at 2:56pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts

Does this mean we might be able to get rid of that awful stream loading?  I have resorted to having to show a still image that says "loading scenes..." for 12 seconds to delay the start of the spin.  I have gotten complaints from people where all they see are blurry panos.  The pano images usually end up under 400kb.

I want my jpgs back.  If anything, it would be a heck of a lot easier to update an image without having to render the whole thing over again.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by mymelbeach on April-08-2007 at 8:42pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

I agree those that say we need options for compression.  I am not at all satified with th results of my final output.  I want to have control on the compression to see what works best for each individual tour.  TW should not make this decision for me!!!!

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Thatone1785 on April-09-2007 at 8:13am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
The stream loading sounded like a nice idea, but it obviously is not - I liked how the panos load in TW1.3 much better - The viewer didn't switch from the loading screen unlit the first pano was downloaded and then all of the other panos were automatically downloaded in the background which was a much better option.

From what I have seen with TW2 as I tested it on a low speed connection (about 4 times the speed of dial-up) - The skin will load, then the pano, but you only see a bunch of 'qtvr-like' squares and autoplay will move to the next seen before most of the pano even loads. If you stop and wait then eventually you will see the pano...
So I tested the viewer a little to see what would happen if I just waited... So I let the computer sit hoping that all the scenes in the tour would be downloading - I let it sit for more than long enough for every scene to load on my connection speed. Then I tried to look a couple other scenes and guess what? AFTER clicking on another scene I had to wait for it to load. So I go back to the original scene that I started with and had already viewed, and you would think that it would load right up, but it did NOT and I had to wait for it all over again.

So, in summary, if the easypano programmers are going to follow our requests to really fix this issue, then I think that they should change to be similar to the TW1.3 viewer where the waiting screen stayed until the first scene loaded completely and all of the other scenes load in the background. It is not possible to view a TW2 tour on a load-speed connection, and in the US where 40% are still on dial-up, that is bad news.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register