Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Full screen VT lowers the resolution? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pedy on April-13-2007 at 2:28pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts
 I learned that for a virtual tour we have to downsize the size of the panorama coming from Panoweaver(I might be wrong). For exapmple, I finish the Panorama in Panoweaver, then downsize it in Photoshop, then make a virtual tour. But, if the panorama from Tourweaver has low resolution(memory), it will look blurry when viewed in full screen. How can we meet both goals, 1) have a low memory panorama for virtual tour, and 2) have a decent quality when viewing the virtual tour on full screen?? Do you have any ideas? By the way, sorry if this is a dummy question, I'm a beginner, and new to this stuff. Thanks

Message posted by clausjepsen on April-20-2007 at 11:55pm
View clausjepsen's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by clausjepsen Search   Visit clausjepsen's Homepage www   Quote clausjepsen Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
clausjepsen
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-14-2007
10 Posts
In the old version I was told - and experienced - that you can not use the high res pics. I think they sayed that the max was 2250x4500. But this problem should be fixed in ver. 2.0, so now you can go 3000x6000, but if you use it for web, then it is not practically.

Message posted by smooth on April-21-2007 at 2:52am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The reality is this:

To display in fullscreen you need a minimum of 3000x1500 to have any chance at decent quality with 4000x2000 being recommended (my view) this doesn't sit well with the download optimum speeds for multi view tours as the file size is too large (typically).

My suggestion is this:

Disable fullscreen mode from your tour totally and size your panorama tour images to suit a normal tour window. Say 500x375 and make the images 2 1/2 to 3 times the height of the viewer window I.E: 1500x750.

If you need the option to show fullscreen you should build a separate tour that default starts in fullscreen mode and link to it from your first tour. 4000x2000 image size. A simple fullscreen button will suffice, opening a completely new tour in fullscreen mode.

The problem with this is computer memory java resources.

Really what is needed is a way to have "both" Hi-Res and Lo-Res images within the single Tourweaver tour.

You really can't expect people to view a tour (wait for download and have enough memory) to cope with half a dozen (or more) pre-loading full screen high resolution panoramas. This easily can be well over 15MB on top of your original tour!

I really personally still think that a normal Java tour with each scene linking to a full screen Quicktime movie is the best option.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-21-2007 at 9:55am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Smooth

You wrote:

I really personally still think that a normal Java tour with each scene linking to a full screen Quicktime movie is the best option.

________

I absolutely agree, and I have considered this approach many times. My main concern is where to put the link to the full screen pano. I think I would make a link just below the thumbnails. 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by mskp on April-21-2007 at 10:43am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth!

Your suggestions sounds good, but I wonder if you could provide us with a link to one of your tours featuring what you suggest.
Thanks in advance,

Martin

Message posted by mstoss on April-21-2007 at 1:48pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
I went the 2 tours way already and it didn't work due to memory (7 panoramas). Opening the fullscreen tour via a button in the low res tour causes the fullscreen tour to freeze after 2, 3 panoramas. You have to close the browser and this makes this way worthless. The general problem might be, that not only the fullscreen tour is running, but the low res tour is running as well, laying additional stress on the machine and demanding additional memory. Bad way.

Now I try to figure out, how Immervision fullscreen panoramas are linked in the pureplayerpro applet as a possible solution.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by vilmer on April-21-2007 at 11:09pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
@ Michael, look here for a possible answer.

-------------

Message posted by mstoss on April-22-2007 at 4:39am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
@ vilmer:

I will check this out. But it's a pity, that one cannot use the TW 2.0 features for this. I have to use a text editor again, enter values, check for misspelled coding etc.

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by vilmer on April-22-2007 at 10:18am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
I agree, I like to make photo's, but hate spending hours and hours finding errors in coding.

-------------

Message posted by Theo on April-24-2007 at 7:36pm
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts

I already stopped using TW2 for the real estate full screen panos.

I had many complains from customers that their systems are freezing and crashing. Also I noticed that the full screen button sometimes acts up when clicking it! (silver skin)

It's unfortunate, since I bought the TW2 for this feature, which is being able to do a quick full screen VTours for real estate. I hope the flash output that will come out soon, will be more stable.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register