Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Linking an address to a map Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by benkim on April-21-2007 at 11:27pm
View benkim's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by benkim Search   Visit benkim's Homepage www   Quote benkim Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
benkim
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-15-2007
1 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Tourweaver 2.0.  I've browsed throught parts of the new user manual but haven't found a particular topic of interest. I'm looking for a way for the viewer to click on a button and have a new window open up and take them to a view of the house on a map such as Google Maps or Yahoo Maps.  Does anyone know where I can find script for this? Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

-------------
Benedict W. Kim

Message posted by dcharding on April-23-2007 at 12:12pm
View dcharding's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dcharding Search   Visit dcharding's Homepage www   Quote dcharding Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dcharding
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-13-2007
7 Posts
This one drove me crazy, along with a lot of other things in TW. If someone has a different or better way, I am all ears.
Add a text box or graphic to the skin.
Select it.
Click on Actions.
Under Misc, add JavaScript
A java window will pop-up.
Add the code there for the map link. (Java code, I used dreamweaver to generate it)
Go get a book on Java to see why it does not work.
Mess with it a lot.
Read the forum, see that there seems to be something up with TW java, but not really explained....
Mess with it some more.
add "javascript:" to the beginning line (even though you would think TW knows this, it apparently does not)
Go to bed, its been a long day.
Mess with it some more... it finally works. Save the code so you can use it again!

Is there anyplace that explains the use and implementation of Java for TW?

-------------
Dave Harding
PhotoShots4U

Message posted by Kevin on April-23-2007 at 1:51pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Ben,

See - Post Link

I did something like this, here is a demo tour I was working on a few weeks ago:

DallasMotorSports

Click on the Interactive Google Map link. It opens a new window. I use a version of the following code with the button. under the Properties & Actions area select - Action --> Misc --> Execute Script:

javascript:window.open("http://www.easypano.com",'_blank','status=yes,top=0,left=0,width=640,height=480')

The url http://www.easypano.com should be changed to your page. In my case I had a folder that contain an html file with the google map. See this file here:

http://www.webvisiontours.com/dev/windham/dallasmotorsport/res/map.html

That said - I am not doing this any more because of pop up blockers. It is better to put links to this outside the applet on the html. Such as this example:

Lang Tour Test

I hope this helps.

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by dcharding on May-02-2007 at 9:26am
View dcharding's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dcharding Search   Visit dcharding's Homepage www   Quote dcharding Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dcharding
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-13-2007
7 Posts
Another way to do this:
Get your Google/mapquest map up and copy the link.
Go to tinyurl.com
Follow directions on screen.
Copy the tiny url generated, and in TW, use that for the "misc/link to url"
works great

-------------
Dave Harding
PhotoShots4U

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register