Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Cant view Published Tours HELP!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tellis on April-23-2007 at 4:41pm
View tellis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tellis Search   Quote tellis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

I have created a tour, published & everything is OK - for some strange reason, any tour I try to publish today does not work - I FTP'd it to my server, I type in the link etc and all I get is an endless loading screen. Even the "Note" links page created by TW is not correct as it does not show the thumbnail icon link for the tour (although the link is active) This is a link to the "Notes" page:  http://www.c-ir.com/tours/u/915se12/915se12.html

This is the Tour: http://www.c-ir.com/tours/u/915se12/Tour_915se12.html

I can preview the tours in TW 2.0 prior to publishing them & they all work OK.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Message posted by jonpaul on April-23-2007 at 5:49pm
View jonpaul's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jonpaul Search   Quote jonpaul Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jonpaul
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-22-2005
17 Posts

Hi

I don't want to sound the obvious, but have you made sure that you have uploaded the entire content of your published folder. inc all sub dir.

Regards

Jonpaul

Message posted by tellis on April-23-2007 at 6:37pm
View tellis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tellis Search   Quote tellis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Yes, I have uploaded all files etc. I have also deleted the folders & re uploaded to the server several times in case the files got corrupted via FTP.

A total of 9 files are uploaded:

Scene
Sounds
Html
Jpg
.js
.txt
images.zip
tour_.html
tw2.jar

I am at a loss..

Message posted by Joe Rao on April-25-2007 at 6:26am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

please make sure you have transferred your tour in binary mode.Check your FTP. If the problem persists, please send your tour to support@easypano.com for further test.

Joe Rao

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by tellis on April-25-2007 at 12:05pm
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

I think the problem lies in the Publishing step - the tours wont even play on my PC prior to FTP (i.e. in the local directory it was published to)

I have emailed a zip file of the tour to support. Thanks for the tip on using Binary mode for FTP

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-25-2007 at 7:23pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I had the same problem a few days ago and got a lot of help from the folks in this forum. Have you been into your hosting site and opened the folders. When I did this I found that the folders were empty. I think tw corrupted the image file by taking out some of the "-" marks leaving a space. I also had to open the files on my C-drive and upload some of the files one at a time. It took 2 days of work and a lot of help from these fine folks but I got it up and running. Now I know what to look for. Hope this helps.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by tellis on April-26-2007 at 10:48am
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts
Here is a strange result - After messing with publishing tours to different folders for some reason TW likes the names I give to some folders, but not others - If I publish the tour to a folder called "Unbranded" or "u", or "ub" the tour will not work - if I publish it to a folder called "test", "testing" etc it works perfectly. This has to be some sort of software glitch. I have been looking at the folder permissions in FTP and all are set the same etc, but for some reason TW likes some folder names I give and not others. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or am I just not up to speed?  I have been designing websites for 10 years now & have never had this problem occur.

Message posted by 360texas on April-26-2007 at 11:57am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Just thinking outloud here. Might consider file name characters and name length.

Files and folder

8 character - all lower case characters with no special characters.

I think
8 characters are the original filename length.  Servers might not like filenames like 2bedroomupstairs2802Albany.htm

all lower case because UNIX and other servers convert ASCII characters then convert them to binary.  An UPPER case character "E" is not the same character "e"

Special characters like -+\ / @ $ _ and spaces have different functions and should not be a part of a filename.

Just a thought

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on April-26-2007 at 12:04pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I just tried http://www.c-ir.com/tours/u/915se12/Tour_915se12.html and it was taking over 2 minutes to download.  I can see the blue Easypano logo splash showing it was loading but after 2 minutes of downloading I gave up.

Typically a page should take only 20 seconds to load tops, otherwise your visitor will move on to a page they can see.

How large in Kb or Mb is the image set being downloaded ?

BTW Im on 3.0mbps adsl.  I can't imagine someone with only a 56k modem connection trying that.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tellis on April-26-2007 at 12:23pm
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Here is the exact same tour, published to a directory I have called mls:

http://www.c-ir.com/tours/mls/gv/Tour_gv.html

As you can see, it works (it does for me) - the directorys I created did not contain any special characters like -+\ / @ $ _ etc - very basic names like u, ub etc

The load time is OK for me - <10 seconds on my cable modem at 12,000kbps x 1024 kbps (at that speed it bloody well should be!)

Thanks for the responses.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register