Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: JPE Conversion Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wild13 on May-02-2007 at 5:48am
View Wild13's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wild13 Search   Quote Wild13 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with TW2 converting JPEG images to JPE and the size of the images increases. I have just tested this a number of times and if I have a 800KB image and publish it the JPE image comes out at 1.2Mb. I tried it on a smaller file 200KB in size and this when converted to JPE ends up at 190KB.

Message posted by mstoss on May-02-2007 at 8:42am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Yes, confirmed. I told EP about this already. But it seems that they have retired after the first wave of complaints (read the forum) and ever new 2.0 releases fixing the one problem and creating a new one immediately.

If they would allow normal JPG use like with TW 1.3 you could neatly optimise your images in PS or batch custom size with KissMyImage. Like it is now, you have to take their bad compression algorithms and their view on how big your final images have to be presented to your clients.

Very disappointing.

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by Wild13 on May-03-2007 at 10:12am
View Wild13's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wild13 Search   Quote Wild13 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts
I have logged it as a fault, no reply as of yet.

Message posted by VirtualTours4u on May-04-2007 at 4:20pm
View VirtualTours4u's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VirtualTours4u Search   Visit VirtualTours4u's Homepage www   Quote VirtualTours4u Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VirtualTours4u
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-26-2007
11 Posts

This is a MAJOR problem ... I've got some large tours I've been struggling with that will not load properly with these bloated file sizes .. any solution in sight?

-------------
... make a memorable first impression ...

Message posted by Wild13 on May-04-2007 at 4:49pm
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts
Apparently the developers are in the middle of a 7 day holiday and will not be back at work for another 4 days. Hopefully then they will start work on it.

Message posted by VirtualTours4u on May-04-2007 at 5:06pm
View VirtualTours4u's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VirtualTours4u Search   Visit VirtualTours4u's Homepage www   Quote VirtualTours4u Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VirtualTours4u
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-26-2007
11 Posts

After some experimentation, I found only one combination that works, but I'd still like to know why.   

Shooting with Nikon D70s, Small File Size, Low quality, 6 Fisheyes, stitched and rendered in Realviz Stitcher with minimal compression;  final size 3300 x 1650;  this file does not grow, in fact it goes from 800KB to 723KB as a JPE.

When using large image size my final rendering is after DXO processing is about 800KB and grows to over 1MB.  

I know that the content of the image can cause the size to vary, but this seems to be more of an issue of the original resolution of how the shot was taken.      Any other opinions, getting tired of this trial and error.

-------------
... make a memorable first impression ...

Message posted by Wild13 on May-05-2007 at 6:37am
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts

I find the same, I am shooting with a Nikon D80 and if the jpeg file is small then when it is converted to jpe it reduces in size slightly, but if I use a higher resolution and the the jpeg file is at 800Kb it increases in size to 1.2Mb when converted to JPE.

I hope they look in to this as a priority as I want to use high resolution pictures in some of my tours.

Message posted by mskp on May-05-2007 at 10:29am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Wild!

When you mention small, what exactly are the values in size (pixels) and Kb. I suppose that the small size you refer to is once you load it in the tour and you will always shoot at the highest values and then resize, right?

Regards, Martin

Message posted by Wild13 on May-05-2007 at 3:33pm
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts

When I mention small I take the image quality of the camera down to JPEG Basic and Image size small (This is a setting in the menu of the camera) this then gives me an image size in pixels of 1936 x 1296, the size is approx 300Kb I then use panoweaver to stitch the images together and the panoramic image is usually around 200Kb but the quality is nowhere near as good as the larger image and higher quality jpeg.

Panoweaver resizes the image for you once stitched depending on the setting you inout i.e. for broadband or dialup, you can also do a custom setting. The issue is if I use a higher quality image the panoramic image seems to be 800Kb in size and once converted to JPE it increases to 1.2Mb. This is a problem as I want to use high quality images and have them reduced in size not increased.

Message posted by Theo on May-05-2007 at 8:53pm
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts
Wild13:

Do you want to publish the VTours with full screen option?
most of my TW2 tours are not full screen because I don't like their full screen, once it is more stable, I'll implement it.

I shoot with D80 using the RAW not jpg. My original panos are 5000X2500 before touching, then I resize them after touching and adding the tripod cap to 2000X1000 and saving them with CS2 at quality 10-11 which mostly gives me an average jpg size of 500-600 Kb. these panos will end up at around 200-330 kb when published with TW2 as JPE.

this is a sample:

sample

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register