Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Suggestions for Real Estate business? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jodyberry on May-09-2007 at 5:21pm
View jodyberry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jodyberry Search   Quote jodyberry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jodyberry
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-02-2007
45 Posts
Hi all,

I'm going into the Virtual Tour business soon and will be starting in Real Estate (but branching out to wherever it leads me!).

I've got most things ready to go (website, VT samples, etc.) but was looking for any advice from veterans in the VT business regarding marketing to Real Estates, and any other tips or tricks I can use.

Do I e-mail, call, send flyers, etc.? Do I go to the local Real Estate offices or try to reach the regional offices? What seems to work the best?

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Bill

Message posted by Theo on May-09-2007 at 6:34pm
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts

Bill,

I found sending flyers works the best, but DON'T just go to the real estate companies and drop the flyers at the front desk! most of the time the flyers will end up in the garbage. You can either mail them to the agents directly or go to the local real estate office and ask if they accept sending your flyers with their outgoing weekly mail to the agents? (this way you'll save on stamps)

Good luck!

Message posted by smooth on May-09-2007 at 10:16pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Target houses for sale and the home owner at the same time. Explaining why a virtual tour will help them sell faster and for the money they are asking. The home owner will ask the agent about them and bingo, work galore!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VirtualTours4u on May-11-2007 at 5:58pm
View VirtualTours4u's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VirtualTours4u Search   Visit VirtualTours4u's Homepage www   Quote VirtualTours4u Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VirtualTours4u
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-26-2007
11 Posts

Once again, Smooth, U-Da-Man ... I've been having a lot more success lately marketing to the homeowner ... after all, they have more or their "skin" in the game and are ultimately in control of the sale (well hopefully).   I am just starting a campaig using a sample tour on CD ... I think this will be pretty effective with realtors ... the most compelling marketing is having your tours seen ... I recommend getting a Google Adwords account ... even if you don't decide to spend a whole lot on pay per click advertising, the Analytics portion of the service will give you lots of info about who/what/when/where regarding your tours.

Regards,
Michael

-------------
... make a memorable first impression ...

Message posted by jodyberry on May-11-2007 at 7:05pm
View jodyberry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jodyberry Search   Quote jodyberry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jodyberry
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-02-2007
45 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualTours4u on May-11-2007

Once again, Smooth, U-Da-Man ... I've been having a lot more success lately marketing to the homeowner ... after all, they have more or their "skin" in the game and are ultimately in control of the sale (well hopefully). I am just starting a campaig using a sample tour on CD ... I think this will be pretty effective with realtors ... the most compelling marketing is having your tours seen ... I recommend getting a Google Adwords account ... even if you don't decide to spend a whole lot on pay per click advertising, the Analytics portion of the service will give you lots of info about who/what/when/whereregarding your tours.

Regards,
Michael

But Michael, who ultimately pays for your tour? The agent or the owner? And if the owner is too cheap, he'd have to convince the agent to pay. And I'm sure the agent has his own idea of how to sell a house - he may not want to spend another $100 or $200 if he thinks that his print ads and lsting on MLS is doing OK.   Have you run across this?

I'm not being negative, just playing devil's advocate and trying to figure all the roadblocks I might come up against!

Also, one question on giving out CDs; I know Tourweaver includes the autorun file to start up from a CD, but I noticed it starts up to TW's instruction screen on how to incorporate the tour into a website. I wouldn't want my clients seeing that screen. Any ideas on how I could make my own startup screen and program it into my autorun?

Thanks again,
Bill

Message posted by mskp on May-11-2007 at 7:32pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Bill!
Maybe this will help. Link to another topic in this forum:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2843&SearchPagePosition=1&search=autorun+cd&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Regards, Martin

Message posted by jodyberry on May-12-2007 at 12:57am
jodyberry
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-02-2007
45 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by mskp on May-11-2007

Hi, Bill!
Maybe this will help. Link to another topic in this forum:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2843&SearchPagePosition=1&search=autorun+cd&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Regards, Martin

Thanks Martin - I'll check out those Autorun softwares!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register