Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Client cant view tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tellis on May-11-2007 at 12:34pm
View tellis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tellis Search   Quote tellis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Created this tour a few weeks ago:
http://www.c-ir.com/tours/b/hmeffert/915se12/Tour_915se12.html

Prior to sending out the link I tested it on 3 systems in my office in 3 different browsers - workd OK - sent it to my Realtor Client. For some reason the owner (seller) of the house cant view the tour (nor can his neighbours etc) He is getting the unsigned active X error - he clicks and says intall etc, but his Windows OS is not allowing it to install. I have spoken with him & checked his security settings in explorer - Tools/Internet Options/Advanced - Under "Security" he has the following checked:

Allow active content to run files on My Computer
Check for Publishers cert. revocation
check for signatures on downloaded progs
enable intergrated Win Auth.
enable natice XMLHTTP

He could not tell me if he has Java or MS Virtual Machine installed.

Can anyone help with this - it's obviously a BIG problem for me...

Thanks in advance

Message posted by sunibmms on May-11-2007 at 12:47pm
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts

The tour works all right in my machine.

PS: I like to use Sun JVM.

Message posted by VirtualTours4u on May-11-2007 at 5:50pm
View VirtualTours4u's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VirtualTours4u Search   Visit VirtualTours4u's Homepage www   Quote VirtualTours4u Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VirtualTours4u
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-26-2007
11 Posts

If the browser is IE7 I would recommend using Java JRE v 1.5, not 1.6.  I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

Regards,
Michael

-------------
... make a memorable first impression ...

Message posted by tellis on May-11-2007 at 6:46pm
View tellis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tellis Search   Quote tellis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Thanks for the replys - does anyone have any optimum settings guide for TW produced tours? Would be a nice thing to have.

I am getting the "..well if I cant view it, then whats the point.." type of feedback - it would be nice to be able to have clear, concise suggested settings etc.

Thanks

Message posted by easypano on May-14-2007 at 5:20am
View easypano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by easypano Search   Quote easypano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
easypano
Forum Admin
Forum Administrator

April-23-2002
207 Posts
The most probable reason is that your client hasn't installed java or didn't run it on IE.

Message posted by tellis on May-14-2007 at 8:52am
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

I am running Java JRE 1.6.0_01 with IE7 and its running TW tours OK..?? This is getting confusing - I think its more of a Windows Security settings / IE Security settings issue than what version of Java.

Message posted by eagle on May-14-2007 at 9:39am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

If you emailed the link to him, make sure that the whole link is not cut off when it is word wrapped.

Tell him to make sure that the link on the web browser ends with Tour_915se12.html

I get this all the time so I include in the email the note about the complete url.

Also, tell him to allow popups from your domain.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by tellis on May-14-2007 at 10:42am
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Thanks for the responses. When I emailed the link, I also emailed it to the Realtor who managed to view it OK.

I had also exported the Tour to an Autorun CD - I tested it on 3 systems, worked great - sent it to client - he cant run that either, although thats what should happen as it opens in IE etc.

Allowing popups from my domain - I did not think of that one, thats a good idea - I will pass it on.

Thanks to all for your help

Message posted by Joe Rao on May-14-2007 at 11:35pm
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

I also use ie7 and sun java 1.6.0 without any problem. So do our testers.

I think the reason that your client can't view the tour is because he hasn't installed java. He should change his computer security settings to allow java to be able to  install. You have mentioned his computer is not allow it to install, so I think that is the reason. If he can't install java successfully, no matter what you do, he will not be able to view the tour.

Best Regards,

Joe Rao

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by tellis on May-15-2007 at 7:32am
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Got him to install Java (Although he claimed it was already installed) and yes, now he can view the tour - It was the 1st question I had asked him when this situation arose.

Thanks for all your help in this Forum, now if only I could work out how to make money with this setup?......

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register