Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tourweaver Ver 2.0.070402 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on May-18-2007 at 5:21pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

OK... I have been a 'stick in the mud' for the last several years.  I am a real first time user. [retract that.. I used PTviewer Scripter for many years].

Downloaded trail version 2.00.070402 18May2007

Sorry to have waited so long to try this product.

WHAT A HOOT !  Tried it out today.  What a delightful intuitive program. Yes, I did have to look for functionality.  Simply FUN to use.

Great Work Easypano Team...

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-18-2007 at 7:05pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

Well..... I guess the right thing to say is: WELCOME to the Wonderfull Tourweaver World  

And please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions. It would be great to be able to give something back to you who have contributed so much to this forum.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by mstoss on May-19-2007 at 5:02am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hello Dave,

well, welcome indeed!

TW is a really great program, taking into account the time saving compared to handcoding - and some of the features can hardly be implemented with handcoding at all.

BUT - and I hate to say this, since I was just as enthusiastic about the program in the beginning of this year - you have to be aware of its limitations. Some of the great features simply don't work or they don't work stable enough to use the program for professional purpose. Try to use and test the trial _very_ intensively or read the postings in this forum in march/april. EP has corrected some bugs and limitations in the beginning, but left others untouched. E.g.: fullscreen freezes very often, no specific files for standard/fullscreen files, no individual file size optimisation possible.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by 360texas on May-19-2007 at 5:32pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Thanks.  Yes I too noticed my 1.2mb jpg's are being reduced to 600kb.

I found this and am trying to build one like it in TW2

http://ts.realtourvision.com/tour/BU/tour.view.new.php?utl=BU-4195-ADZUT7-02

The nature of panoramas are that they should be a wider view.  This doesnt mean the viewer should be a boxy 300 x 400

My Tw work area is 875w x 630h.  Just fits inside a 15" monitor and under the 2 row browser toolbar.  HAVE LOTS OF free space on a 22" monitor.

The panorama screen viewer is 872w x 303h and has the thumbnail bar under it.   Maybe this is a temporary solution to use rather than trying to use the FULL screen option.

Yes, I do have some future project in mind.

Something like this:

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on May-21-2007 at 4:35pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok, end of day 2

Figured out splash screens, backgrounds, scene views, drop down scene selections, thumbnails, create and use buttons up, over for < > + - help and reset toolbar, and down flavor popup images.

You know the embeded link to next scene or Hotspot graphic? No not the multidirection arrows or small circles... Anyone know where they put those panorama  linking icons you can attach text that says Click to go to ____?  Its the 4 small lime green triangles. I need the graphic for the drop down Help file.

If I can figure out this software in couple of days.. I would think ANYone can do it in a week.

I would publish it to our site, it has a TRIAL VERSION Overlay.  Not even sure if it would work if I uploaded it to my server.  Few versions ago, Trial Version would only work locally and not on a server.  Has this changed ???

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by mgora1 on May-22-2007 at 9:51am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
Glad to hear you are having fun Dave.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by areimer on June-01-2007 at 5:19pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

Hi Dave

Good to read your voice on this forum.

I was equally thrilled with the new work environment provided with TW2 and with the increased flexibility with the output.  There are still some issues however and one which needs to be resolved ASAP in my estimation.

Total controll over the image compression process.  The user should at the very least,  have the option to compress individual images.  If this is not compatable with the encryption process,   there should be an option to incude jpegs straight out of Photoshop.

As it is, the three options, Large, Small and Optimum, just don't do the job effectively and all images in the project get exactly the same treatement.

Its difficult to produce a modest project under 10mb with the existing setup.

I have partially built a few projects in TW2 and had to abandon them and redo in version 1.3 as the published product was both too large and unstable.

The latest patch seems to have resolved nothing so far.

I am still pleased with what the Easypano people are trying to do but frustrated on the progress with this product.  I have produced hundreds of tours with TW1.3 and continue to do so and I am content to think of my investment in TW3 as support for the continued development of this product which I will hopefully, eventually  be able to make use of as well.

I would be interested in hearing about your perspective on this.

Alan

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-01-2007 at 6:10pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

I too would like to raise my opinion about the lack of improvement in TW2. It seems that the Easypano folks do not intend to release any updates for a long time. Unfortunately this mean that TW2 can not be used for professional purposes - at least not for me.

This is very frustrating, as I believe that with a few minor corrections we would have an acceptable product!

Anyone else feeling frustrated about this, please ad your comment. Hopefully we will might be able to put some preasure on Easypano so they will start working on a new release.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by daugaard47 on June-01-2007 at 8:46pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Areimer -

I do not have TW2 yet but plan to get in the future.

If TW2 is compressing your files for you. Can you just switch them out after the tour has been published? I know in TW1.3 you can.
                                 Thanks,
                                       Chris

Message posted by mskp on June-01-2007 at 10:52pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Chris!

In TW 2.0 you cant. Here is one of the various topics talking about this issue, which at the moment make a lot of us dubious of buying or upgrading.

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2802&SearchPagePosition=1&search=TW+compression&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Regards, Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register