Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Burn tour to CD? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on May-20-2007 at 5:29pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I'm sure this has been ask before many times but I can't seem to find the answer. I want to burn my tours to CD, where can I find info on how to do this? Have played around with it but can't figure it out. I know all the files are produced when I publish but can't figure out how to burn them to CD. Also would like to find info on how to make my own skins. I have photoshop elements 5, is there another program that I will need to make them?

Thanks for all the great help from this forum, I would be lost bigtime without you guys (and gals).

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on May-20-2007 at 5:43pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Simple skins are easy from what I can tell... I have only been using TW for 2 or 3 days now.  Mostly learning.

The background image is what I used to create a general layout.  So in Photoshop.. create a new canvas or picture... say.. 875 x 620 pixels.. this is suitable for a typical 15" monitor inside a browser window.  Now bring in a few pictures on a new layer.. move them around where you would like to see them in the final layout.  Place Text.  Draw lines etc as needed.  Besure to leave enough open space to display the panorama viewer.  Save as a Photoshop layered file .psd.  This so you can come back later and rearrange the pictures and text etc.  SAVE AS a .JPG file for use as a skin in Tourweaver.

Open TW.  Find and open the 'load' background image.

Now you have your photoshop image there as a background.. now go create your buttons, drop down menus and other text on top of your background image.

Should look something like this

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=3045&PagePosition=1&get=last#17692

From what I gather.. a skin is just a prepared background image used in developing a TW project.  Maybe others might provide more enlightening comments.

Keep in mind the viewers average monitor size when creating a background image.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-20-2007 at 9:12pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks Dave, I tried that skin info and it works great. Now just need to know how to burn to CD.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by smooth on May-21-2007 at 2:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simply burn the contents that Tourweaver generates to the "root" directory of the CD (I.E: Not in a folder) make sure you check the box to generate the "autorun.inf" it is as simply as that.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-24-2007 at 2:15pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks Smooth, but being a rookie I'm not sure what a "root directory" is. Can you explain? Thanks

-------------

Message posted by 360texas on May-24-2007 at 3:21pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Root level is the top most level in a files and folder structure.  Meaning that the html file should not be in a subfolder.

By the way.. if the tour file structure size exceeds the cd-r capacity you can also format and place all on a larger DVD disk.

Most newer computers come with cd-r/DVD combination drives.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by jodyberry on May-25-2007 at 9:56am
View jodyberry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jodyberry Search   Quote jodyberry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jodyberry
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-02-2007
45 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on May-24-2007

Root level is the top most level in a files and folder structure. Meaning that the html file should not be in a subfolder.

By the way.. if the tour file structure size exceeds the cd-r capacity you can also format and place all on a larger DVD disk.

Most newer computers come with cd-r/DVD combination drives.

Yikes - that would have to be one HUGE project to excceed 700MB!!!

Message posted by 360texas on May-25-2007 at 12:13pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Or.... a large group of linked tours +

archived set of source images and files.  We like to keep all our project file sets together.  All our straight from the camera [Canon 5d] originals cr2's are about 15mb raw  and converted to tif  are 35mb just for 1 image.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-26-2007 at 5:09pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info guys, I remember reading once that one of the files does not need to be burnt but I can't seem to find it. I think it was the file that has the picture of the skin and the html code, is that correct and can I just delete that file? I made one CD and the "E:\Project14.html" page is up and I have to click on the skin to make the tour play, is this the way it should work?

-------------

Message posted by smooth on May-27-2007 at 3:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tourweaver creates 2 .html files. One is a "helper" this shows you how to place the code into a pre-existing web page. (For some reason many people struggle with this) The second is the .html page that has your tour. This is the one you should launch from your Autorun CD. The first "helper" is the one to delete. (it serves no purpose) except to offer up the code required to page into a pre-existing web page that you want to launch a "sized" window. (if in fact you feel this is needed).

The "helper" is called: yourtourname.html

The main tour page is called:     Tourweaver_yourtourname.html

Your autorun.inf file should be opened with "Notepad" and edited from this:

[autorun]

shellexecute=yourtourname.html

To:

[autorun]

shellexecute=Tourweaver_yourtourname.html

Once you have made the change save the changes to the autorun.inf file (Make sure you select Save as type: = "All Files") Otherwise you will end up with a file named autorun.inf.txt and thats no good.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register