Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: panning not smooth Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tturner on May-21-2007 at 3:10am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Greetings All:

On my latest project I increased the size a bit to around 400 kb per image.  It seems that when I view this back from my website and also off of my machine direct that there is a studder in the rotation.  Would anyone else like to take a look and get back to me with what they see.  I do not want to pass this on to the client if there are viewing problems.

http://turnerimaging.com/dees/doggieden.htm

Thank in advance
TTurner

Message posted by 360texas on May-21-2007 at 8:35am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Your concern is image kb size versus frame rate screen redraws.

Probably more than you want to know.. but:

I think this applet is a derivation of the previous PTviewer.jar.  Its frame rate screen redraw rate was 30 frames per second.. which is about the same as the raster television rate in order to achieve 'no visual flicker'.

Essentially how the rotation works is like this: determine angle of view and draw the image.  Rotate 1 degree and redraw the image, rotate 1 degree and redraw the image.  All done at 30 frames per second while rotating.  It gives the impression of a movie camera panning around in a circle.

The screen redraw is a function of the computers graphics card refresh rate.  Some people with 15" monitors have their graphics card calibrated to a faster refresh rate [read screen redraws] like 72 Hertz. 

Other people with 22" monitors have them set to slower 60 Hertz.

Thats why on some monitors you might see a slight stutter or flicker while on other monitors you will see a smooth rotation.

To reduce flicker during rotation.. suggest you might consider slowing down the rotation speed to 2/10ths or .2 of a degree per second.  Slower rotation will allow screen redaws to be smoother.

Newer computers usually have better performing quality video cards.

You are correct larger panorama files sizes usually higher resolution.. meaning more pixels to display.. better quality... but come at a risk of slower downloads.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register