Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: another jerky question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by use2bkewl on May-24-2007 at 2:25am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
I recently got the prob of just the opposite

Message posted by smooth on May-24-2007 at 5:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think you will find that the preview uses the older version of Java and when you view it through the browser you are using the latest installed version of Java.

If you open your Java control panel you can assign what version of Java you want the default browser version to be.

Worth a try!

Also, have you tested this between Sun Java and Microsoft JVM? 

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by smooth on May-24-2007 at 10:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

When you install "any" Easypano products you are to install the Java version recommended (prompted at software install) most cases this version is Java v1.4.2 and you should always install this even if you think (or do) have a later version installed. This is the platform the software is built upon.

Browser Java is a completely separate thing.

Microsoft doesn't really support Java anymore but they tolerate it. Microsoft JVM is a different version of Java to the Official Sun Java from www.java.com or www.java.sun.com

You can enable or disable Sun Java via the Sun Java Console. Microsoft Java is activated via I.E 7.0>Tools>Internet Options>Advance>Settings>Microsoft VM>Jit Compiler for Virtual Machine (Tick Box)>Restart 

This will only take precedence if you have set Sun Java for I.E to NO (Un-Checked).

This issue (I think) is not the fault of Easypano but that of Sun Java because they release updates constantly that react differently to the previous version and most of the time it is not an improvement for viewing panorama tours via Java applet.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on May-24-2007 at 10:45am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I agree..

Control Panel ADD/REMOVE

Easypano TW2 or PW5 make sure that you have 1.4.x which is showing as a very small 1.66mb  not quite 2mb

Keep Java 2 Runtime Enviornment, SE v1.4.x

for viewing with IE or Firefox... make sure you have the current version of Sun Java.

Keep

JRE 1.6.0_01 C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01 

---

You probably can uninstall these 2 version updates  and save some hard disk space:

JRE 1.5.0_02 C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02

JRE 1.6.0 C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0 

---

These Sun Java Runtime Enviornment 's seem to be REALLY BIG 159mb +/- when compared to the less than 2mb for Easypano.

Notice the word TRUE / FALSE at the end of you path strings.  Probably the one marked 'True' is the version currently enabled on your machine.

After deleting the files.. you might need to return and enable the most current version for your browser.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on May-25-2007 at 12:26pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Absolutely!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register