Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Unwanted saving TW2 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mstoss on June-06-2007 at 9:13am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Anyone else confirming this behavior:

When I edit my project and close the project without saving, the file date is changed, i.e. updated anyway. Not really a problem, but unwanted.

When I edit my project and make a preview and close the project without saving (NO warning about that BTW!), the project file IS updated WITH the changed content.

TW 2 is buggy, we all know that. The more important is it to be able to apply the emergency brake and quit without saving.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on June-06-2007 at 10:40am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
It will also save when the program bombs and there goes your work!

Message posted by 360texas on June-06-2007 at 5:56pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Kerry... glad to see you have returned to the forum with useful information.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by callgary on June-15-2007 at 4:58pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
Yes, I concur - on both counts. Tourweaver 2.0 is a great program - in many respects. But it is buggy. And the "save" function seems not only buggy but also confusing.

Unless I am really confused - which is entirely plausible - there seem to be two different "save" features with distinctly different functions:
1)   File > Save (or pressing the floppy disk icon) and   File > Save As both produce a set of "project folders" containing tour files, encapsulated within a single outer folder plus a single file with a .tw extension. The only difference, as expected, is that "Save As" allows us the option of specifying a filename and directory path. Otherwise, Tourweaver uses its own default naming convention and directory path.
   It seems that using the .tw file is the only way to reopen a tour in Tourweaver. Ergo, if you don't use the File > Save" or File > Save As function, there is apparently no way to reopen a tour in Tourweaver at a later time - even five minutes later - once you've closed the tour, and if you can't reopen the tour, you can't edit it, and if you need to edit it, you'll just have to re-create it! Please correct me if I am mistaken. On the plus side, experimentation reveals that Tourweaver 2.0 automatically saves a .tw file for us, names it "Project___.tw" and places it in Tourweaver's default "Workspace" folder (such as C"\Program Files\Easypano\Tourweaver 2.00 Professional Edition\Workspace). Thank you Easypano! Now all we would have to do is figure out which Project___.tw tour goes with which tour, but that's a whole lot better than having no .tw file.

2) File > Publish > Publish (or clicking the "Publish" icon, then clicking "Publish") produces a couple folders containing compressed scenes with a ".jpe" extension and sounds; two html files, neither of which is useful for editing the tour (again, please correct me if I am mistaken), and a handful of additional files. The tour which used to be editable through a primary html file is now a combination of files including a compressed and encrypted .js file, a compressed images___.ZIP file, and a config___.txt file. I am not proficient at coding (HTML or otherwise) but it appears that the config___.txt file may be equivalent to the prior version's .HTML file, in which case the tour IS editable outside of Tourweaver and without a .tw file. (If you haven't already figured it out, I'm experimenting with the program and testing hypotheses as I write this.)
   CAUTION- the SAVE option under PUBLISH (File > Publish > Save or Publish icon > Save) seems to do NOTHING!
   For a new tour which has not yet been published, this "Save" feature does not create any files or folders (at least none that I have discovered).
   For a previously published tour, this Save feature does not save any changes, edits, or additions made since the the last time you clicked "Publish." Clicking this Save feature does not, as far as I can tell, create or update any files at all. This is not just buggy - unless I am completely mistaken, this is downright dangerous!
Easypano - what's up???

I started this simply to confirm to mstoss that TW2 and its "save" functions" are indeed "buggy." However,after re-reading this, I think I'll post it as a new post AND submit a bug report.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by mskp on June-15-2007 at 5:28pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts
Hi, I think that when you save publish settings, even without actually publish your tour is usefull if you change for example the default movie, so that when you "preview" your tour the new saved default movie will be shown. If you for example, copy a new movie changing settings in it, you have to set this movie as default in the publish settings to see it in the "preview" mode. That for you have to save the publish settings. Maybe there is another setting that can be saved before puiblishing, just for preview. Regards, Martin

Message posted by callgary on June-16-2007 at 1:17pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
Martin, your explanation makes perfectly good sense. My question is - have you found that clicking File>Publish>Save (or equivalent icon shortcut) actually saves your changes? I am skeptical about this because I am not finding that any changes are being saved and no file date/timestamps are being updated by simply clicking File>Publish>Save. The only time I am actually able to save a change is by clicking File>Save (saves changes to Project___.tw file set) and by clicking File>Publish>Publish (saves changes to the HTML file set). I'll test further.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register