Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: PSD files for "free skins" Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-12-2007 at 3:04am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Am I the only one who would like to have the PSD files of the background images for the free skins available at the download page??

I have just downloaded a few of the skins. I wanted to test the skin called ochre for a house tour. There is some basic information in the lower left corner, about price, size, and address. Now I have to change this information. It would be so much easier if I had the PSD file so I could just write in the new information.

Am I missing something or is this just not an opportunity?

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-12-2007 at 6:29am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
I have just been told by easypano that the .psd files does not exist.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Joe Rao on June-13-2007 at 5:13am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts
you can convert it into psd yourself in photoshop,but you need to convert it back to jpep before you import it into Tourweaver. Thank you.

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by mstoss on June-21-2007 at 6:46am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
:-))))

Sorry Joe, I know you really do make an effort to make us clients happy, but this times its close to joking about us.

Morten (and indeed, we others) could use the PSDs to be able to change the layered information which normaly is stored in the PSDs. E.g. a text description in english could easily changed to any other language without changing the rest of the image. I have only recently had this need as well, when I wanted to use the "silver" skin, containing a button for fullscreen. TW fullscreen with the same image files as the non-fullscreen tour is useless and I didn't want to have the hassle with incorporating immervision fullscreens this time. So I needed to place a patch on the skin or (better) edit the skin image (plus: Editing a JPG is necessarily decreasing image quality). Here it would have been a help to edit the original files.

Releasing the source files together with the final JPGs might be worth a thought in the future.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by smooth on June-21-2007 at 10:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The skins offered by and included in Tourweaver I would suggest have been outsourced by Easypano and they are only supplying what they have access too.

Making your own skins and importing into Tourweaver is quite easy and the new button maker in Tourweaver 2.0 helps with this need.

Finally, if you are not capable of making your own skins then you can do as Easypano likely did and outsource the task to a graphic designer.

Let me also say there is nothing worse than someone butchering a professionally designed skin by attempting to modify it when they don't have the skill to do so.

Perhaps a good video tutorial supplied with Tourweaver on creating your own skin would be a good idea?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mstoss on June-21-2007 at 1:21pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Well Smooth, why make these skins public at all? You can always start from scratch, eh? I'm talking about minor changes like adapting text not "butchering" a professionally designed skin.

In the end you are right, that this skin issue is not so important anyway, since you will want to use your own skins in most cases.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by smooth on June-21-2007 at 2:18pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The skins are so newbies have something to start with and perhaps inspiration for your own designs. You get to play straight away once you purchase the program. I don't think it's right to complain about the fact you can't have access to the .psd files. Still I don't think it was wrong to ask either! But just because the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't mean they shouldn't be there in the first place (surely you don't think that?) As for adapting or butchering, until I see the result I'll reserve judgment. I see plenty of bodgie efforts.

In the end you "should" be using your own skins for professional work. If for no other reason it never looks professional using a default skin/template. Just like a website. people see it and go (off the shelf - seen it before, yawn!)

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by 360texas on June-21-2007 at 6:29pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

First thing that came to my mind was... back off.  You are forgetting the primary purpose of displaying your clients product..... its the product not the skin.. or fancy whatzagitit display....  create some type of display that will be background to your clients product.  Your clients product is what is important... not the fancy butttons or frames.... make your display clean... in the backgound as far as importants.... make your clients presentation the most important ... read visible...

I have looked at those Easypano skins.... they appear to be steam engine.. factory type buttons... not at all desirable.  Make your own

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by callgary on June-23-2007 at 6:19am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
The best suggestion that I see in this discussion is that a good tutorial would be beneficial. I haven't had time to check recently, but the last time I queried the TW2 "Help" files I was sadly disappointed.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register