Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: House floor plan, wehere to get from??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pedy on June-15-2007 at 2:36pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts

If we want to make a floor plan for a house, where are we suposed to get the floor plan from? Are we supposed to draw the plan ourselves, or aks the owner of the house for a plan? Does anybody use any software for drawing floor plans for houses? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-15-2007 at 2:50pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi pedy

Most people I know who are doing realtor tours make their own floor plans.

You can use smartdraw or floorplan3d - I know many people use this software.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by pedy on June-15-2007 at 3:07pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts

Ok, thank you, Morten..

But when they make thei own plans, do they measure all the rooms in the house, or just copy the plan from a bigger, original plan that architects used for that house? Sorry if I'm asking dummy questions!

Message posted by vilmer on June-15-2007 at 3:32pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Pedy, if you have the opportunity, you can copy the original floor plan. If it still exists that is. If not, you will have to measure every room. Of course you will charge extra for that. To make floor plans, I use AutoCAD, but that is because I am an AutoCAD draughtsman. You could try google sketchup it's free!

is made with sketchup for example. (Not made by me btw)

-------------

Message posted by pedy on June-15-2007 at 4:16pm
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts

Google Sketchup is quite nice and efficient, and I think I'm going to try it. I was just thinking maybe there is a easier method to just get the floor plan of a house, not having to measure all the rooms and such. Some expensive houses are really complicated and I imagine it would take half a day just to prepare a floor plan!

Thanks for your suggestions Vilmer!

Message posted by vilmer on June-15-2007 at 6:09pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
You're welcome Pedy. It can be a lot of work, but on the other hand, it does not neet to be very exact. You don't need it for engineering purposes or something. There are some very nice tools on the marked for quick measuring a room btw. For example, I have this one:

Press the button and in less than 5 seconds, you know the length of a wall.
It measures up to 20 meters, enough for most purposes.

-------------

Message posted by callgary on June-16-2007 at 1:01pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
Pedy, unless your client demands engineering precision and is willing to PAY for such, a quick line-drawing sketch is all you need. Forget exactness - unless the job really calls for it - and the fee is commensurate. If you are concerned about possible litigation, add a simple disclaimer - "not exact".   Also, regarding possible litigation (at least in the U.S.) you're better off if you don't include dimensions. If the property owner or real estate agent wants dimensions, ask them to provide you with the dimensions, then add disclaimer - dimensions provided by ---. If you take your own dimensions, again, be quick, not exact, and add disclaimer - not exact.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-25-2007 at 9:09pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks for the info on google sketchup . I download the free version and it provides far more that the average person will ever use. Was up and running in about 5 min., thanks to all who provide info. I have learned so much in this forum.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on June-26-2007 at 3:44pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

it says its an 8 hour trial.. then times out or you buy it.  Have not found the price.

Ah there it is... Google SketchUp Pro 6: $495.00
*English Only*

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-27-2007 at 9:40am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Dave, the 8 hour trial is on the Pro version. I don't see where I would ever need more than what the free version offers.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register