Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Can we optimize loading time?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pedy on June-21-2007 at 10:19am
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts

Hello!

I posted my first test tour at Realtor.com, and it looks OK, but the loading time seems too long. I have a shared account with GoDaddy, but I'm not sure exactly what is the cause. How can we optimize the loading time of a Virtual Tour? I used the option for Broadband in Panoweaver, so my panos are about 2000X4000,  if I'm not mistaken. Is it better to use Dial-up? Do you have any suggestions from your experience? you can see my tour at:

http://homes.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?mlslid=3493652&ml=3&typ=7&sid=3a06c871fcf94a899e8631117e4928b0&lid=1082173383&lsn=1&srcnt=1

Thanks

Message posted by callgary on June-23-2007 at 6:07am
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
I also have an account with GoDaddy and am experiencing inconsistant loading times - sometimes slow - sometimes not. Over the weekend, I hope to have time to test the same tours on an alternative site.
Using the Dial-up setting creates a dimensionally smaller pano and smaller file size, resulting in a faster download. Experiment with it to see if it renders the quality you need in order to satisfy your client.
One of the problems is that through the current "Publish" process in TW2, we have lost control over the final file size. We now have to do a lot of guessing and experimenting (too time-consuming a task when busy trying to finish jobs for demanding clients) to discover a satisfactory "happy medium" - that place where the image quality and the loading time are both satisfactory.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by 360texas on June-23-2007 at 8:51am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I am on aDSL 3.0mbps connection.  Used a stop watch to view your page.  Visitor should see content [read some type of activity] in less than 20 seconds.

First page opened 14 seconds. 

Click to see Tourweaver/ first panorama - 15 seconds

Click to turn off music - 5 seconds

These are great numbers

Only issue I see.. is that the popup tourweaver window was smaller than the full view of the skin and panorama.  popup window should visually fit the size of the TW skin dimensions.  I had to drag the window wider to see.

by the way what audio file type are you using for the music?  .au or .mp3 or .wav.  It started playing before the panorama loaded.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pedy on June-23-2007 at 7:37pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts
Hello guys!
Thank you for your comments! Unfortunately, we cannot control the weindow size at the Realtor.com. The window is controlled by the PicturePath/Realtor.com. At least this is what I figured out until now, I might be mistaken. I use .wav music loops taken from www.flashkit.com, where you can get nice music loops for free.
Pedy

Message posted by 360texas on June-26-2007 at 9:36am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Pedy,  thanks for your reply about the window size and audio file type.

I would think that you might also try using a 'streaming'  .mp3.  Anyone used Voice over streaming audio ?

I did notice that TW2 Help file says that you can use .wav, .au and mp3 file types.  Anyone test the .mp3 functionality?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by mgora1 on June-26-2007 at 2:39pm
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on June-26-2007Anyone test the .mp3 functionality?
mp3 is all we are using in our tours now and it is working fine.  Lower file size and improved quality over .au files.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by 360texas on June-26-2007 at 3:13pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Thank you Matthew

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver