Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: CD-ROM / Have to insert twice? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by chapt0r on June-28-2007 at 5:47pm
View chapt0r's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chapt0r Search   Visit chapt0r's Homepage www   Quote chapt0r Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hey guys,

We just ran into a funny little bug today with a Auto-run Rom we created from our TW2 Pro. We burned our published tour project to a ROM.

First time you place it in a PC, you will get a blank tour/just white screen. But if you remove the ROM and re-insert the Tour will then populate and show correctly. There have been a few cases where it won't work until the 3rd time inserting the disc.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this one?

Cheers,

W

Message posted by 360texas on June-28-2007 at 6:33pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I suspect you have also read this thread

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=3045&PagePosition=2

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by chapt0r on June-29-2007 at 11:30am
View chapt0r's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chapt0r Search   Visit chapt0r's Homepage www   Quote chapt0r Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hey Dave,

I just read the thread you mentioned, and now I am becoming a bit nervous on purchasing tw2 again. We are looking to add another license, but as complaints come in from clients, I wonder if there is a more stable option we can use?

Appreciate the knowledge

W

Message posted by chapt0r on July-11-2007 at 5:24pm
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hey guys,

Here is a follow-up to the problem above, and I am really at a brick wall as to what is causing this bug.

Scenario.

I create an auto-run ROM with TW2Pro burn the files to the disc, and close the session. I then take the ROM out and re-insert to test auto-run and ROM. This works great, I test my desktop (2nd computer) and this works great. I took it to work to duplicate and it doesn't work on the desktop there, Tour window pops open and we sometimes see the background with a stuck loading bar, and sometime we just get a gray screen.

we then test this ROM on 2 more computers and it works fine. So there HAS to be a single reason that this one machine would not play it. Normally we might toss this to the wind since it worked on 80%, heh but we actually already did this with a client, and they are running into it on their local machines.

I am thinking they are just not updated on "something". We have updated Java on the machine at work that doesn't work, but it still gives us the same results.

Any ideas?

Message posted by 360texas on July-11-2007 at 5:32pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Are we running all PC's?    Whats more fun then guessing which color the horse is ? 

This is a tech question where we would need to know that particular machines OS,  Virus Software, unique machine settings and java versions.  Gee whiz folks.... help us out here.

By the way,  Tossing can be a good thing sometimes.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by chapt0r on July-11-2007 at 5:44pm
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hah come on give me a break. :( But yah sorry for not including any of that. But thank you for not being sarcastic on it. :) But in reality I know there are too many settings to get involved here, and know I know that would be useless to fully attack. But I am asking more on a "Hey, did this ring any bells with anybody, and Oh we have seen this before".

Working PC's
Vista, Java 6, Mac'afee
XP Pro, Java 5, Norton
Vista, Java, Norton

Error Machines
XP Pro, Java 6, Norton
Xp Pro, Java 5, Norton

So basically on the service the settings appear to be the same, but trying to find that sleeper setting somewhere. But I will keep digging and I will post here my findings.

W

Message posted by 360texas on July-11-2007 at 6:25pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

hmmm please add the browser types and versions to those 5 machines... meaning what viewer are you looking at it with?  IE6,  IE7,  Foxfire etc

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Thatone1785 on July-11-2007 at 9:49pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I stopped offering the tour on CD to my clients because it seems that IE6 & IE7 work let the content run from the CD. No problems with firefox, but I got tired of hearing that the CD won't work so I just tell people that we can't do it any more - Working on a DVD slideshow in place of the tour on CD...

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on July-12-2007 at 3:39am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

I am no technician but is it not possible to download and include Firefox on the same cd, and then make the program automatically choose to launch the tour with firefox??

If not it would have been great. Otherwise you might be able to include a script that test the current machine and tell the user if he needs to update the browser before seeing the tour.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register