Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Puublishing hell Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Woody on July-01-2007 at 4:13am
View Woody's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Woody Search   Visit Woody's Homepage www   Quote Woody Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Woody
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2007
25 Posts
Now that I've finally gotten my first tour in TW2 finished, I am confronted with a new upload page, which the manual totally ignores (for that matter, I've been runnning two computers, one for building the tour and one for the manual and have discovered that probably 50% of the manual DOES NOT EXIST! The "suposed hyperlinks to other parts of the manual DO NOT EXIST!!!). So I am naturally FRUSTRATED BEYOND WORDS that Easypano would release a new version with soooooooooo many flaws-I'm able to crash the system at least twice a day. But now that I want to upload my finished tour, I'm confronted with a new page, nothing explained, nothing in the so-called manual and I am almost beyond the point of rage. I have four other tours that have been stitched with Panoweaver 4.0, assembled with TW 2.0, but now I can't get them on my server!!!!!! And Easypano offers no excuse. I have faxed them, emailed them, left voice mails and opened trouble tickets-NONE OF WHICH HAVE EITHER BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED OR RESPONDED TO!!!
So the obvious question is why persist-they obviously released the product too soon, had sloppy and unfinished documentation and are unwilling to support (read "reply") to a customer of theirs that has been a pretty faithful advocate up until now. Question is-do I drop them or are they trying to get their act together and support those of us in the field trying to make a living at creating panorama tours for clients with the tools they give us. I am obviously NOT impressed at their lack of response-it only reinforces my suspicion that they knew they were releasing the product too soon, it had far too many bugs, their documentation was incomplete and they wer hoping that we users would simply lie down and let them run over us with their overhyped marketing department and that we would be somewhat forgiving, since it is a new version. I am for one disgusted at their lack of response to me with my valid questions and really insulted that what they released as "documentation", complete with hyperlinks to other sections of the documentation IS A TOTAL FABRICATION!!!!
Do any of you out there know how to interpret the "Publish" page and what they are looking for as functioning answers to the various questions the "Publish" page is asking???
Boy if you do, I would be eternally grateful for some guidance. Call me at 1-707-476-9408 and I'l immediately call you back so the phone charges are on my dime not yours.
For you in the US, Happy 4th, for the rest of you, best wishes and eternal gratitude if you can help me get out of this corner Easypano has put me in.
Cheers,
Erin

-------------
Erin

Message posted by smooth on July-01-2007 at 5:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Erin,

It is rightly or wrongly assumed that you have a basic understanding of Internet protocol of uploading files via a FTP client/software.

Easypano Tourweaver explains quite clearly on the first of the (2) HTML pages that are produced in the published folder what you need to upload to your server.

Quite simply "all" the files that are placed into the published folder need to be uploaded to the server. Once all the files are uploaded you can then access the tour via your browser (and so can everybody else with an Internet connection).

The address to the tour will be http://www.yourwebsite.com/yourtourfolder/TourWeaver_yourtourname.html

It states at the bottom of the first HTML page which will have the name you gave it. yourtourname.html

b. Copy corresponding resource files, including Scene, twviewer.jar, config_tourweaver_2.0.txt, , , and , to the folder of your own page. Please keep the file structure unchanged.

I hope this clearly explains what you need to do.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Woody on July-01-2007 at 11:08pm
View Woody's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Woody Search   Visit Woody's Homepage www   Quote Woody Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Woody
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2007
25 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Smooth. I actually went a step further and printed out the manual for TW2 and discovered that as I had compled, the hyperlinks don't work, but more to my amazement-there was actually a section on what the Publish input screen was looking for-this is not available with the online version as I used the search function repeatedly to try and find these particular instructions. BTW, I don't know if you're talking to Easypano folks directly, but the printed version's section on the Publish screen is missing the "Play Next Tour" input box that appears on the screen your are presented with when actually using TW2's Publish section. I'm just about to put your advice to the test and I am assuming that the sequence of folders, i.e. Scene is first, Sounds is second, etc. will not affect the outcome--just as long as they are present in the same folder.
Thanks again!
Erin

-------------
Erin

Message posted by smooth on July-02-2007 at 1:40am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, in the same folder is all that is needed.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Fizbin on July-08-2007 at 12:35am
View Fizbin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fizbin Search   Visit Fizbin's Homepage www   Quote Fizbin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fizbin
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-08-2007
6 Posts

Hey Woody,

I am a potential new user and was about to pull the trigger and buy the software untill I read your post.  Not to make light of anything but your questions seems to have an easy resolution however what I am concerned with was the apparent lack of response you received from TechSupport.

Can TS be called, did they help you well enough, it looks like smooth answered you pretty quick on the forum?

Other than your upload issue, is the software easy to use and create VT with?

-------------
Photographer Dude

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-08-2007 at 10:24am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Hi Fizbin, I like Woody was very frustrated when I purchased the program. Making the tour was fairly simple after much practice with the trial version. My problem was, like Woody, couldn't get it to publish. Found out my problem was when I saved a picture from photoshop elements 5 there was a space in the file name and of course it will no upload. Went back closed all the spaces and never had a problem again.
Don't understand why he is having so much trouble with tech support, I was very satisified especially with Joe. But I must say that the most support came from this forum, Smooth, Dave and many others. After my initial frustration I must say I have been very satisfied with the program. If you have been watching this forum very long you know that they are getting ready to change it again. We don't know if there will be a charge to upgrade. So you may want to find that out before you "pull the trigger". Good luck.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register