Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tourweaver3.0 is coming! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by use2bkewl on July-10-2007 at 9:40pm
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Wow, that would be totally screwed and I honestly feel bad for all you who trusted easypano and purchased 2.0 when it first came out. And on top of that helped them create another product by offering comments and beta testing. and early version testing, and updated version testing, and...you get the idea.

I am glad I have the earlier version which I feel is better or at least bug fixable.
I wish you all good luck here.
Seriously,

Message posted by Nick on July-11-2007 at 2:23am
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Dear Easypano,

Well I am just a little bit excited about the news that Tourweaver 3.0 is coming out in a month. Firstly well done for listening to all your customers and providing a fully Flash output virtual tour from the next installment of Tourweaver.

However I am going to add here that PLEASE do not release the TW 3.0 until it is ready and has been fully tested! I am sure that everyone will agree with me that it is better to take a little bit of extra time to thoroughly test the software and iron out all the bugs before releasing it to us. We don't mind waiting. We do not want another repeat of TW 2.0 now do we?

I am also going to add my opinion that Tourweaver 3.0 should be a free upgrade for users of TW 2.0 regardless of when a user purchased their license. I have been a very long standing supporter and power user of your software applications for more than 5 years and I gave you my input and bug fixes for TW 2.0 when it was released. After using TW 2.0 since it was released I have become more and more frustrated with the application and in my opinion it certainly didn't justify the $700 I paid to upgrade to it. I am just warning you now EP that if I don't recieve an offer for a free upgrade then I will loose faith in you company and products. If you don't look after your customers you won't survive in business for very long!

I eagerly await the decision on price and whether I will be recieving a free upgrade or not.

Regards,
Nick.

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on July-11-2007 at 5:31am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

Have anybody else tried the Demo Tour? At my computer - that is a pretty fast one - the player is lousy. It is not smooth at all and shimmers both in normal mode and flash mode.

I really hope that EP have listned to all of us and have made it possible to use seperate images for the full screen pictures. Otherwise I  feel that the fullscreen mode is useless.

Also I strongly hope that the release of this new version will be without all the bugs that was reported - but not fixed - in TW2. If that is the case I do not mind paying an extra small fee. Otherwise I will be very dissapointed in Easypano.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by daugaard47 on July-11-2007 at 8:15am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
I tried the demo out and I agree with Morten. The player isn't smooth at all. Very Jerky. I wish there was a way to use a quick time viewer. I my opinion thats the best viewer out there. I do like the animated waiting image and the animated pop ups. Can you add Flash Video? If you could I would be sold. Also Can You control the image compression this time. That seemed to be a big problem with 2.0 . I never upgraded to 2.0 and don,t really see myself spending the money to upgrad to 3.0 just for a animated waiting image. Ill just use 1.3 for now and use pano 2quick time for my full screen panos. Unless Im missing something, it just doesn't seem worth it. Sorry Easypano, get a video option and we'll talk. Just my 2 cents.
                                    Take Care,
                                           Chris

Message posted by tbrusson on July-11-2007 at 8:38am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
I would advise all the current TW users to try the TW 3 example (http://easypano.com/av256_News_News__0.html) and send feedback to easypano dvt team. I send them some notes already.
This way there is a chance the Tourweaver 3.0 could be improved by the final release in august. We could all speed up the improvment process and avoid a 3.1 upgrade.
Basically I hope the TW3 will get as smooth as flash immerivison player with the functionnalities (easy way of adding map, links unlike immerivision where it has to be hand coded) of Tourweaver. Flash output should reduce the problems linked with javascript (even if the flash based viewer induces to have flash implemented)

thierry

Message posted by jodyberry on July-11-2007 at 10:03am
View jodyberry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jodyberry Search   Quote jodyberry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jodyberry
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-02-2007
45 Posts
Wow! Even on an 800k connection, it's still VERY jerky and slow.

And the fullscreen view might as well be a still photo!

Could it be the actual Flash file sizes are too large?

My 2 cents...

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on July-11-2007 at 1:40pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

I am sitting on a line that currently have a 1mb connection and it is still slow.

I know that I will never use tw3 if this will be the case when it is released. Then I would rather continue using tw 1.3 and start looking at the competitors.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by mymelbeach on July-11-2007 at 8:11pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

I agree fully with Nick,

I personally spent an enormous amount of time working through the premature release of TW 2.0 professional.  I will be tremendously disappointed if EP gives a special deal to new buyers and neglects the dedicated loyal customers that have given EP their base.  EP needs to change their ways and truly take care of their current customers. 

EP, please look through the forums to remind yourselves of what you put the TW 2.0 early adapters through.  You owe it to us to give a free upgrade to TW 3.0.  Anything less will be a slap in the face!

Mel 

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on July-11-2007 at 8:26pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Mel, I agree whole heartedly. I have spent hours and hours after crash after crash trying to produce a tour. I was one of the first to get (and pay) for it and have produced 4 whole tours! My original post on TW2 was that it wasn't ready for release. Send a problem and they reply with a case closed. Good for the records on their end! This program has greatly expanded my vocabulary!!
Kerry

Message posted by dang8 on July-11-2007 at 9:42pm
View dang8's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dang8 Search   Quote dang8 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dang8
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-12-2007
6 Posts

Easypano....

Are you rushing the release of 3 because you do not want to deal with all the bugs that are present in TW2? Was TW2 just a $700 dollar beta for TW3.

I bought TW2 Pro for the ability to create custom virtual tours that would hopefully help put me ahead of the competition in my area. While this software has the potential... due to it's bugs and instability I have been hesitant to offer my services to all but a very small few.

You are the first software company I have seen sell a high value ($699.95) piece of software with the bugs and stability issues that TW2 has and turn around less then a year later an come out with another version... that could have just as many bugs or more and expect TW2 customers to pay for it.

Working in the advertising field, I have found that certain industries much like this one that have a very active internet based community (panoguide so on and so forth) can have a large influence on potential profits due to their loyalty, positive recommendations and word of mouth... not to mention outstanding examples of the software in use. This "word of mouth" can also have a very negative effect... and Because of this, maintaining customer loyalty through outstand customer service and products should be a companies biggest focus.

From what I have read on this forum and on others.... the issues with TW2 and the soon to be released TW3 has soured many loyal and possible loyal customers.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register