Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: FRANTIC!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Woody on July-25-2007 at 1:15am
View Woody's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Woody Search   Visit Woody's Homepage www   Quote Woody Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Woody
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2007
25 Posts
I have been working on a TW2 Project for the better part of two weeks and have almost have everything sized right, sychronized to the soundtrack, looking good in the preview, when all of a sudden, when I am fine tuning when an image appears and fades out of the movie timeline-I save the program while I eat dinner, return and find that THE PROGRAM WILL NOT LOAD THE TOUR!!!!!!!!
I get the error message: "0101003-Failure to open project..Project file error". WHAT IS GOING ON??? IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN THE PROJECT DIRECTLY, WITHOUT FIRST STARTING TW2??? THIS REPRESENTS A LOTTTTTTTT OF WORK FOLKS, DAY AND NIGHT. AND IT ALSO REPRESENTS A BIG CLIENT.
ANY HELP WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED!!!

-------------
Erin

Message posted by Thatone1785 on July-25-2007 at 2:15am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I saw that same error once and had to start all over - Wouldn't load the tour for me but it would load others... Luckily I only had about an hour invested, but is was frustrating because all that was left was to publish the tour.

I would suggest putting the TW file and all of the project files in a zip folder and sending it to Easypano support to see if they can recover the file for you.

Good Luck!

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by Woody on July-25-2007 at 3:34am
View Woody's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Woody Search   Visit Woody's Homepage www   Quote Woody Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Woody
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2007
25 Posts
Thanks, Thatone1785,
I'm going to do that as soon as I stop typing this thank you to you! I have already heard from Joe Rao and tried his solution--which unfortunately didn't work. So I will bundle the entire file (his concern was that I had spread elements of the tour all over the place, but I had learned early on to keep all files relating to one tour in one folder). I'll keep you posted-thanks again!
Erin

-------------
Erin

Message posted by Woody on July-25-2007 at 1:22pm
Woody
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2007
25 Posts
Well the response I got back was that the problem was my fault-that I had changed the file structure. Let me assure you that through painful experience with 1.3, I knew what Tourweaver was doing, consequently, I sent a zipped set of files to Easypano, indicating which folder each file had come from and did not change the file structure. It seems this is as far as Easypano is going to go with me regarding this most important tour. I'm going to start evaluating other software as both the support from Easypano is very poor, and they should never have let 2.0 into the marketplace until they had adequately tested it. As the former Director of Global Software Quality Assurance for DHL International, I would never have approved this software for global release-they would have fired me on the spot, since each release cost the company approx. $1.5 million.
Erin

-------------
Erin

Message posted by Nick on July-26-2007 at 6:18am
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Hi Erin,

I have found a similar issue with TW 2.0 projects. Like yourself I found out the hard way. When I saved the project as a .tw file a lot of the images I have used in my template broke or did weird things like when I open the library tab images would disapear. I also found that when I tried to relink them it wouldn't let me. ANOTHER huge bug in the software! So now I just don't save the project until it is completely finished and outputted. I just can't trust that when I come back to the project that all my hard work won't be all for nothing!

Nick.

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register