Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: advice Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by lafecto on August-09-2007 at 2:10pm
View lafecto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lafecto Search   Visit lafecto's Homepage www   Quote lafecto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Hi everybody

I made virtual tours for real estate.Until know I have done virtual tours with the oneshot lenses, a panasonic FZ50 and the Tourweaver 2.0.

However the quality of the images are very poor ... so, I wouldlike to evaluate for a dslr camera, fisheye lenses (?or not?) and the panoweaver or PTgui.

I apreciate if anyone advice what kind of equipment I need, considering I'm doing only real estate (so the indoors it's the most important pictures), and I have to spend less time as possible in the field and also in backoffice.

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by daugaard47 on August-09-2007 at 4:37pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Hi-
I had this problem with my one shot lens and wanted better quality panos. I didn't have much money so I bought the nikon FC-E9 lens. It is OK. You can make spherical panos with It. I try and make HDR panos with it. by taking 5 shots at different exposers then combined them together with photo matrix's hdr and tone mapping settings. Then unsharpen mask in photoshop. That gives me pretty good results. Kinda blurry in full screen mode. If I could afford it. I would go with the Nikon D200 and the nikkor 10.5mm lens. Very nice very sharp.
Take a look at this link to get some ideas about the equipment people are using.
http://timhatch.com/projects/wwp-equipment/
Hope this helps.
                            Take Care,
                                  Chris

Message posted by lafecto on August-10-2007 at 6:58am
View lafecto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lafecto Search   Visit lafecto's Homepage www   Quote lafecto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

But, from your answer I see what I don't want to do : "different exposures.., 5 shots..., HDR ... "

What I would like is to take the 3 or 4 pictures to make a 380 x 180 image (not 360 x 360), stitiching the images in a single software (panoweaver? PT Gui?) get that Pano and put that directly in Tourweaver 2.0 and make a Virtual Tour with a floor plan (as I already do, today).

My problem to upgrade is (from what I read the posts here) is always a lot of work to do, before: shots with different exposures; after:  deal with more than one software package to have a panorama.

Well, the work is not the problem! The problem is how much the clients are available to pay for a virtual tour ... I have to make quantity.

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by smooth on August-10-2007 at 10:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

There is no such thing as 360x360 all that is possible is 360x180. 360 degrees around, 90 degrees up and 90 degrees down from the centerline/horizon.

All you need is a quality DSLR and Sigma 8mm Fisheye. 4 shots at 90 degrees and stitch with Panoweaver.

Knowing how to use a camera correctly will also help greatly. HDR and not necessary on 90+% of cases.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by lafecto on August-10-2007 at 1:10pm
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Hi Smooth

I apologize for 360 x 360.

Well, it's sound mutch better. For the sigma 8mm, one of the option is Canon10D (it's expensive), with 30D or 350D or 400D, can I have the same results?

And Agnos?

I would like to knew more about your support, how it works and what prices.

my email: luis.afecto@gmail.com

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by smooth on August-14-2007 at 3:27pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Well, you get what you pay for (if you know how to get the most from it)

All the DSLR range form Canon or Nikon is fine and really there is little between them in brands and models when it comes to making panorama images for the Internet. DSLR makes for a HUGE difference over non DSLR cameras and is money very well spent.

Take a look at this panorama made with Canon 10D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye (3 Shots) on a Agnos MrotatorC.

Vs this panorama made with a Canon 5D and Sigma 8mm (3 Shots) on an Agnos MrotatorTCPS

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by lafecto on August-15-2007 at 2:50pm
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Thans Smooth.

I have send a message to you (by private message) asking to give me the conditioins for consultation ...

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by smooth on August-15-2007 at 3:15pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by lafecto on August-15-2007

Thans Smooth.

I have send a message to you (by private message) asking to give me the conditioins for consultation ...

....and I replied two days ago. Please check your messages.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register