Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW 2.0 tour won't run off clients server Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tdmerch on September-20-2007 at 2:23pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi, I have a tour I produced with TW 2.00.  I uploaded it to my web server and it runs fine.  When I sent if to my client and he uploaded it to his server, the tour loaded but only the basic part of the tour, not the 360s, map or scene descriptions.  I had this problem with TW1.3 when I encrypted the images but you don't have that choice in 2.00.

Does anyone have a suggestion here?

This is the tour on my web server: www.go360media.com/naterra/voyageurs2

This is the tour on my clients web server: www.naterraland.com/voyageursretreat/voyageurs_vt/index.html

I don't know if TW 3.0 would work better because I have not received my license key as yet.

Thanks, Tom

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2007 at 2:45pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tom,

You log in to your Easypano account and you will find your keys for TW 3.0 and yes you can turn the Encryption off when using Flash.

It is possible that the files were uploaded to your clients server computer and been corrupted or not uploaded the correct way I.E: ASCII vs Binary.

It is also possible that the clients computer needs to have the MIME settings added for the .jpe image format.

It is also possible that not all the files have been uploaded. I have also seen "webmasters" unzip the zip files before uploading. 

Could also be that the swObject.js needs to be renamed without the caPs swobject.js (Flash Tours).

and there is a known issue with encrypted .txt files .tx1 and MIME types.

One or some may be relevant in this case. I just thought I'd list what I can remember.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on September-21-2007 at 2:27pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Smooth,

I published this tour in Java.  If I tell my client's webmaster that he needs to have the MIME settings added to the .jpe image format, will he know what this means?  I don't, but I'm not that bright when it comes to html stuff.

If there is a problem encrypted .txt files, what does one do? 

I received my 3.0 key last night but have not used tried it yet.

Thanks, Tom

Message posted by smooth on September-22-2007 at 3:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tom,

His server host will know how to add or adjust MIME details.

I'd say 9 out of 10 times it is a corrupted upload because of the way it was uploaded. Or they have failed to upload all of the files in exact format.

This is why sometimes you are better off hosting the files for them and supplying the links. (With or without hosting fees).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tblworld on September-24-2007 at 5:12pm
View tblworld's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tblworld Search   Visit tblworld's Homepage www   Quote tblworld Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tblworld
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-20-2007
23 Posts

Interesting thread, I too am having problems viewing my tours, similar to tdmerch, I FTP my tours just by highlighting and dragging to my server in the USA, I am in the UK, SMOOTH is this the correct way to transfer files to a server? As I do not know what is meant by "ASCII vs Binary." My FTP program is supplied by ihoststudio. I am using TW3, Any ideas or suggestions welcome

Thanks Brian

I have recently, today posted a thread TW3 Java & Flash NOT HAPPY please look at it

Message posted by tdmerch on October-02-2007 at 1:09pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Here is an update on this mystery.  My client is running Windows 2003/IIS 6.  He wrote to me, "I copied the folder to an IIS 5.0 web server and it worked so its definitely a Windows 2003/IIS 6 issue."

He pulled his link off so there isn't a comparison now.  

I repackaged the tour using TW 3.  There is a update I have not tried so I will be doing that next.  Maybe the way the scene files are named messed things up.

Tom

Message posted by smooth on October-02-2007 at 1:13pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, I did read that there was a Windows "fix" in the latest 3.0 update so fingers crossed.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on October-02-2007 at 4:23pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

I updated to TW 3.00.070927, repackaged the tour, zipped it up and uploaded it to my server.  My client downloaded the file, unzipped it and loaded it on his server.  IT WORKS!  Maybe it was the way the jpe files were named.  In the earlier version they are named using the scene name, in the update they are named after the jpg file names.

I remember having trouble using the encryption setting a few years ago in pre 2.0 versions so I quite using that feature because some servers did not recognize this.  Why do you think Easypano is making this a requirement and not allowing us to leave the jpg files without encrypting them? 

Tom

Message posted by smooth on October-03-2007 at 4:09am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You must un-check this option so you can use .jpg files.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by bubba on October-04-2007 at 10:11am
View bubba's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bubba Search   Visit bubba's Homepage www   Quote bubba Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bubba
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-04-2007
21 Posts
How do you get the map to move up and down in the window as the scenes change?.. Is that something that is only available in the Professional version?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register