Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW3 Flash & Java NOW I AM HAPPIER Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tblworld on September-24-2007 at 4:53pm
View tblworld's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tblworld Search   Visit tblworld's Homepage www   Quote tblworld Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tblworld
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-20-2007
23 Posts

OK, breath..... I thought I may of solved the problem with uploading TW3 Flash to server, it now only takes 15 minutes as before it was taking just over an HOUR, how did I do it? Well I reduced the Jpg panos from 4000x2000 to 2000x1000 with 300ppi. this made me happy.

However Flash tour takes 2 to 3 minutes to load when I want to view it, FAR TO LONG! THEN when it loads it does not respond as it should, example; i map in full screen mode slightly visible but after 5 minutes into the tour it is in the correct place, ii WHEN I click a hotspot, radar or thumbnail it does not respond but later on may decide to go to that location.

I think it could be to do with my server not sure yet, I am speaking to a techie chap tomorrow.

JAVA again loading screen is quick but then I get the outline of the tour skin, a couple of thumbnails, as though the tour has not loaded yet, BUT GOOD NEWS it is more stable than the FLASH once it starts running.

I am getting p'ed with this and I just hope I my techie friend tells me "it's NOT TW3 but your server Brian"

Folks please feel free to look at the tours and give me your opinion as I find the forum very helpful. JAVA TOUR Here FLASH TOUR Here

Thanks all for listening and advice, Brian

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on September-24-2007 at 10:14pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Brian

I just had a quick look at your tours. Here are some of the problems I found:

JAVA TOURS

Pop up blocker prevent the info boxes from being seen.

The scenes spins really fast sometimes - totally unmotivated

FLASH

Hotspots (links to other scenes) Does not always work

Hotspots at the map does not react correct.

For both of the tours - the loading time is way too long. I would not view the tour. I would think there was a problem with the site - if I did not know about TW.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on September-25-2007 at 12:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Brian,

Mate, what are you doing?

300ppi is useless on the web 72 dpi is all a normal computer screen can display. Making your images 300ppi is increasing your file size dramatically. 300ppi is for printing NOT web display. (I think somebody might be using PTGui default settings!)

Really these upload times you suggest are the fault of your image sizes in weight I.E. Megabytes not the actual pixel dimensions.

A 4000x2000 full screen 72ppi panorama should weigh in at around 1.2 - 2.2 Megabytes when compressed correctly. This will depend on the colour information in the image.

Simply reduce your image weight. Skin images (if you designed them) and most important the panorama images. Try the program Kiss My Image www.kissmyimage.com and tell/set the program how large in weight you want the final images to be I.E: 1.5MB and then look at the final results make sure they are clear and upload.

The question to be asked is what size in weight are your current panorama images and how many are there in the tour?

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by smooth on September-26-2007 at 12:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

No response?

Just checked your tour in Flash and it took all of 32 seconds to load today. I guess we'll call your problem sorted!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tblworld on September-26-2007 at 4:29am
View tblworld's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tblworld Search   Visit tblworld's Homepage www   Quote tblworld Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tblworld
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-20-2007
23 Posts

Thanks Smooth but I and my client still not really happy with the speed both tours load. I have come to a conclusion that having 14 locations is too much I will at least half this number in future tours.

Thank you, Brian oh sorry for the late response 

Message posted by tbrusson on September-26-2007 at 4:58am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
You should check the jpeg compression of your images too. It can make a big difference in term of loading time. Basically you have to check the weight of you image and finding the best compromise in term of size, quality (jpeg compression) and therefore weight.

thierry

Message posted by tblworld on September-26-2007 at 2:59pm
tblworld
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-20-2007
23 Posts

Thanks all for the advice I am now happier with how the flash tour runs, there still is a slight delay when initially you go to a different location but a much more improved acceptable time in my opinion. I managed to reduce the tour from 32.7MB to 9MB by using kissmyimage recommended by Smooth.

So thanks all again for your Advice and help, Brian Click here and see what you think, feed back welcome

Message posted by smooth on September-26-2007 at 3:37pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Brian,

Mate that is great news.

I can tell you from clicking your link to seeing the first scene took 13 seconds clicking on a random scene well into the thumbnails list that would not have already downloaded took 6 second.

I'd say that's very acceptable.

The trick has always been file size vs connection vs download time. Reducing the files sizes of each panorama and thus the final size of the tour is the only way you will get a user friendly result. Shaving 20+ Megabytes off the same tour is a HUGE difference.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register