Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: problems with flash file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by CalVR on September-27-2007 at 3:58pm
View CalVR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CalVR Search   Visit CalVR's Homepage www   Quote CalVR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CalVR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-20-2007
9 Posts
When i make a link to both a Java and Flash tour, through dreamweaver, they both work perfectly with preview. Then, after i FTP them to my site the Java works and the Flash tour does not.
Does anyone have any insight into this issue.
Much appreciated,
Steve
CalVR
www.calvr.com

Message posted by Joe Rao on September-28-2007 at 5:13am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts
you'd better give the links to your tour here so that we can figure it out what has happened.

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by pan at on October-01-2007 at 9:58am
View pan at's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pan at Search   Quote pan at Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pan at
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
October-01-2007
5 Posts
This happened to me too and the reason was: I did the upload from mac (because i was used to) with "cyberduck". No chance to get it run (flashversion). It always viewed the hint " you need flash version... " in the popupwindow.
Later on i did the same upload with Win XP filebrowser and it worked!

Hope i could help someone...

Message posted by smooth on October-01-2007 at 10:07am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The question becomes: What are you using to upload the files? I.E: What FTP Client? Chances are the files are not being uploaded in the correct format I.E: Binary or ASCII

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pan at on October-01-2007 at 10:30am
View pan at's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pan at Search   Quote pan at Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pan at
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
October-01-2007
5 Posts
The standard method in my cyberduck preferences is "automatically" and it tells me not to change this entry (to binary or ascii). Only for "special reasons" (it means e.g. change it to "ascii" for textfiles) ?!

regards, Oliver

Message posted by smooth on October-01-2007 at 10:44am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Exactly!

.js and .txt, .tx1, .xml are all text files.

This issue has come up plenty of times before. Seems ONLY Mac users have this issue.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pan at on October-01-2007 at 11:12am
pan at
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
October-01-2007
5 Posts
Thanks!
I thought computer software (cyberduck in that case) had intelligence enough to handle these things automatically and correct...

Message posted by BrahmaVision on October-01-2007 at 11:43am
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
The best time to change the platform

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by CalVR on October-02-2007 at 11:49am
View CalVR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CalVR Search   Visit CalVR's Homepage www   Quote CalVR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CalVR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-20-2007
9 Posts
Sorry for my delay and thanks for your help folks!
I am using Secure FTP on a windows machine to upload the files.
Here is a link to my problem:   http://www.calvr.com/realestate.html
After you are on this page the first tour example has a Java and Flash version of the tour as you can see the Flash tour does not load.
Thanks again for all of you advice.
steve
Cal VR
www.calvr.com

Message posted by smooth on October-02-2007 at 12:03pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Your small_losmolinostour2_config.xml file is possibly corrupted.

Set your FTP client to upload this file in ASCII format/mode.

"binary mode

Binary mode is one of two formats for representing data files to be transmitted from one computer to another, such as with FTP. If you send a text file (an ASCII file, for example), you use text mode to ensure that the textual data gets translated properly and arrives in a readable format. But if you send an executable file or any other file that contains numerical data, then you use binary mode. Many FTP clients include an autodetect feature that can switch the software between modes based on the file extension."

Because Easypano Tourweaver encrypts this file it would appear the FTP clients "Auto-detect" gets confused and treats it as Binary (when it not, it's an ASCII text file).

Also TWViewer.swf is NOT found on your server. You must upload all the files (and confirm) within the _flashvr folder.

Give it a whirl and let us know how you get on.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register