Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW 3.0 and Vista Ultimate, not compatible Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by stampede on October-16-2007 at 7:27am
View stampede's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stampede Search   Visit stampede's Homepage www   Quote stampede Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stampede
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
September-22-2005
26 Posts

I've just got a new computer at the office with Vista Ultimate. To try and use TW 3.0 on this one is just not a good idea. TW crashes constantly, and the few times I can get a tour published, being in flash or as a Java applet, panos may not show, panos get "destroyed", buttons relocate and so on.

Has EP at all tested TW 3.0 on Vista computers?

For what it's worth I had a couple of the same issues on XP with TW 3.0.

So for the time being I'm sticking with 1.3 and 2.0 unless EP can come up with a working 3.0 version.
From my production colleague and my point of view it seems that TW version 3.0, and 2.0 for that matter, is full of bugs making it almost impossible to use on a professional basis.

Any thoughts and ideas on this matter is highly appreciated!

-------------

ActionPhoto International

Message posted by jamesot on October-16-2007 at 5:03pm
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts
Very interesting.  I have had no problems with TW3.0 on XP service pack 2 and my new Vista Home Premium machine.  Do the tours play fine on your Vista Ultimate if they are created else where? 

Message posted by stampede on October-17-2007 at 2:17am
View stampede's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stampede Search   Visit stampede's Homepage www   Quote stampede Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stampede
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
September-22-2005
26 Posts
jamesot: As for tours made on other computers, i.e. made by my colleague or me with 1.3 or 2.0 on our out of office laptops, they all play fine on my Vista Ultimate. That would not be "that fantastic" due to the fact that the Java or Flash player on my computer works just fine.
One problem that we have experienced is that the full screen option from 2.0 or 3.0 "freeze up" the computer, that being either on his XP machine or my Vista machine.

-------------

Message posted by DaMan on October-17-2007 at 3:26am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts
I have had the same problem with Fullscreen "freeze ups"... I am not sure I want to even give the viewers the option for fullscreen until it is fixed!!!  I jsut bought 2007 Pro and I have to say I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED with this buggy software after paying $1,000.00 .  This seems like a beta version and should not have been advertised as a regular release.  PLEASE fix the bugs EP or give me my money back for a UNSELLABLE PRODUCT that my clients do not want to use because of the bugs!!!!!   This is like buying a car that you can not drive on the highway.  Could GM get away with this?  They would be out of business! This is very very upsetting. 

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-17-2007 at 3:36am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi everybody.

I understand all of your frustrations, and honestly must say that I have not spent much time with tw3. I just made a few tests, and because the image quality was not as good as tw1.3 I abandonned it. Quality and stability is everything, when you want to sell virtual tours commercially. I still stick with tw1.3 and I am starting to loose all faith in EP. I hope that some of their competitors will start developing more stable virtual tour software packages, as I would really like to keep selling virtual tours.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on October-17-2007 at 3:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think people are confusing "Java Issue's" with the Tourweaver software.

How about posting links to these tours that are causing freeze ups? I rarely use Java anymore because of conflicts. Do these problems occur when published to Flash?

As for Vista  ** Shudder **  horrible operating software.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by DaMan on October-17-2007 at 6:02am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi Smooth,

I appreciate all you posts on this board and you really help people.  I am confused that you can say that you rarely use Java becasue of problems.  To use the car analogy again, that is like selling a car that does not turn left, so if you want to go somewhere you need to make 4 right turns!!!  I personally like the Java loading speed and quality over flash.  Most of my competitor use Java and I can not just tell customers that I only use Flash. That was the point in buying TW in that it did flash and Java and that is what I PAID FOR but did not get!!!  I am kinda new to VR Photography but not computers, I have several certs. and have been in the computer business for 15 years professionally so I know what I am talking about when it comes to software, and the more I use TW3.0 the more I feel I wasted my money!

I also understand that Vista may have issues and not such a great OS but it has been out for a whille and contiunes to gain market share; therefore EP has had time to test this OS with TW3.0 so this should NOT be a problem RIGHT?  NOT!!!!! LOL

Message posted by stampede on October-17-2007 at 6:08am
stampede
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
September-22-2005
26 Posts

I'm not confusing Java Issues with the TW software, and what Java Issues are you reffering to? The problems I'm reffering to is happening "inside" TW 3 on both XP and Vista. 

I.e.: when publishing, the progress bar stops at 40%, I've let the XP computer "do an overnighter", and in the morning still 40%. Reinstall a fresh XP OS and only TW 3 software, same thing happens. Yes, I'm using the newest build.  

Placing buttons on the skin, next scene, previous scene etc. looks fine in preview, when published, buttons relocate.

Same thing goes for hot spots, you can put the hot spot i.e. on a door, and when published it ends up in the roof. Nice touch!

And as for Vista being horrible, that may be true, but EP definately have to follow the "evolution" and make their software work correctly on other MS OS's than WIN 2K and XP.
An example here: When starting TW 2.0 or 3.0 on Vista Ultimate, the computer screen flickers from black to white and back to the desktop, and the OS has switched to Vista Basic color mangement because TW is not compatible with visual color elements in Vista. This may not be a big issue, but it is kinda annoying.

-------------

Message posted by jamesot on October-17-2007 at 9:29am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

Here is an example I published from my windows Vista home Premium machine.  It's a flash tour that will be embeded into my customers website.  It has the full screen option.  I know the full screen pictures are not great but I feel if you put anything large for web you are looking for problems.  We use higher resolution for kiosk and product cd versions. 

Also we only publish to flash now.  When I purchased my Vista machine I had a hard time getting java loaded on to it while flash was a no brainer.  So I feel as more Vista machines enter the market with non tech people that Java tours will be viewed less and less.

http://www.fcedesign.com/auraria/outside/auraria_outside.html 

-------------
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com

Message posted by smooth on October-17-2007 at 9:42am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

My point is "Sun Micro Systems Java" constantly is moving the goal posts. When developers build the software it is based around a "build" version of Java. Which is fine and dandy one minute is trash once you upgrade your Java.

Hey, don't shoot me because I offered an opinion! I'm just pointing out my observations and passing on what I do. I don't have to defend Easypano or any of the products offered. But I will to a point, because nothing better or more stable exists and Easypano has been doing this for many, many years. Long before most had even thought or knew anything about panoramas or virtual tours. 

Still, we all wish for Tourweaver to be all things to all people (and then some). People don't understand Microsoft Vista (I don't believe Microsoft fully understand Vista!) There are too many flavours. Basic, Premium, Business and Ultimate. Believe it or not you CAN'T build a complex program to work across "all" flavours. Many companies 100's the times the size of Easypano are still trying to sort issue's out with Vista. Some of these companies have had to release multiple copies of their software to match the "version" of Vista you are running.

I try not to use Java for tours because of Java issue's NOT because of the output of Tourweaver because I know it worked pretty well when it was installed, but then failed at some point after updating Sun Java.

From the many years of playing virtual tours, programming, helping out here on this forum, I have found that more often than not the whole truth behind complaints is user driven and not the programs fault.

All that said, I know there are many things that need addressing with Tourweaver and purposely started a thread pointing these out. Tourweaver Wish List (October 2007)

Without posting your examples online showing the error's you are reporting/complaining about you are doing yourself out of the opportunity for one of the forum members or Easypano staff from trying to pin point your problem.

Easypano aren't sitting back thinking how great it is to take money from people and have them complain on a forum that they pay for and support without trying to get to the bottom of the problem/s.

You can either help out and discuss the issues or complain, threaten to shop elsewhere etc. Makes little to no difference to me personally.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register