Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Stream Flash? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by DaMan on October-22-2007 at 8:27am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hello all,

Since I can not get Java to work as advertised I was advised by Smooth to do flash tours instead.  I have one major problem with flash and that is, the whole tour must load before you can view it unlike Java. 

My question is, if I rented a dedicated server with steaming flash supported would it steam the flash tour to my viewers?  Is there anything else I need to do to stream flash with TW?  It is very important matter because it is a huge impact on the size of the tour, pictures and quality, but if I could stream the flash tour that would make up for the Java issues.

Thanks, DaMan

Message posted by smooth on October-22-2007 at 8:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Only the Skin and the first scene needs to download before you and your clients will see the tour. This is why you have a "Loading Window". You will also need to add a "wait" or what Tourweaver calls a "Preloader Image" this image will show only after the user has click on a different scene link like Map Hotspot or Thumbnail etc. This only comes into play once the initial Skin and first scene has already be loaded.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by DaMan on October-23-2007 at 2:41am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi Smooth,

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying, but I noticed the Java takes 5-7 seconds to load and start the tour, Flash takes 20 seconds for the first scene to load.  I would love it if Flash would take 5-7 seconds also. (Another reason why I liked Java...but that is another post, ;)  Anyway, are you saying that it would help with the laoding time if I got a server that supported flash streaming or that I am doing something wrong.  I did a tour in Flash and have redone the photo's, all but the down shot.  Here is a direct link to the tour.

I like the Java tour better (more smooth and clearer in my opinion) but the Flash tour work pretty well and the freeze ups on fullscreen have stoped. 

Thanks in advance,

DaMan

Message posted by marktold on October-23-2007 at 7:43am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@DaMan

Please check the size of the files in scene folder _applet and scene folder _flash

For the java output the files get compressed by tourweaver
For the flash output the files are the original size.

You can exchange them to your liking (not pixelsize wise "hotspots") but compression wise.

AND YES JAVA IS NOT WORKING KORREKTLY

I WANT IT FIXED!

- Preload bar  no function
- Produces seams on output (black vertical line)
- Going from one szene to another freezes the player.

EP: once again a call for help. Don't work on new projects. Fix the old stuff first!

Regards Markus

PS: Yes I have a ticket open

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register