Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Flash Tours not working. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Hawkaye007 on October-25-2007 at 12:39am
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts
Ok, been working with TW since early 1.3, upgraded as soon as each new version comes out.  Working with TW3 now, and the java tours publish and work fine on the server, I've tried multiple times to get the flash tours to work, but never get past the loading page.  I've uploaded with binary/ascii set to auto, and I've also loaded them manually according to file type.  Nothing works.  This is the URL, any help would be greatly appreciated: http://www.adventistyouthcamptours.com/usa/fl/kulaqua/flash/kulaqua_bb.html , thanks in advance. Oh, btw, this is the link to the java version which works fine, both on same server: http://www.adventistyouthcamptours.com/usa/fl/kulaqua/broadband/kulaqua_bb.html

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by smooth on October-25-2007 at 1:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It will more than likely be an error in naming your files within the Flash tour or you have chosen to protect/encrypt the images.

Use only A-Z, a-z, 0-9 English with no spaces or special characters or symbols. Looking at your naming in the Java version this does not appear to be a problem as you have named things correctly.

I did note though you have chosen to encrypt your images in the Java version.

Choose not to encrypt the images by un-checking the tick box on the Flash publish tab.

Re-upload again and see if this makes the difference.

You also must understand that Tourweaver does not compress images in the Flash version (you should do this yourself and replace the images in the Scene folder without changing their file name).

There is no real reason why your tour shouldn't be working unless you have an invalid character or space in naming or something was corrupted when uploading. 

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on October-25-2007 at 8:35am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

I concur with smooth with the encrypted images possibly causing the problem.

I have access to both Linux and Windows servers.  And from personal experience, I've learned that encrypted images (jpe) work on a Windows server but not on a Linux server.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on October-25-2007 at 12:27pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

Thanks Smooth and Eagle,

I have the encrypt unchecked, and the flash files are unencrypted, but the java version always encrypts, regardless if the flash encryption is on or off.  I always get .jpe in java version.  Learned a long time ago not to use special charicters or spaces in actual file names and path's.  So good to go in those areas.  Any additional ideas?  I'll go back and double check again, but would like to be able to offer both the flash version and java version, at least for now.  Thanks for the input, if I figure it out on my end, will be sure to post info.

Cheers

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register