Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Firefox Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tellis on November-05-2007 at 11:36am
View tellis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tellis Search   Quote tellis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Got a Flash tour - works in IE, not in Firefox - any suggestions. Both are up to date with Flash etc:

http://360ocala.com/flash/cfcc/cfcc2.html#

Thanks in advance

Message posted by disjo on November-05-2007 at 3:09pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
I tried your tour in IE and in FF, and you're right. It doesn't work in FF.

When I browse your [scene]-folder I only see an empty folder [res]. I don't see your Where are you hosting your tour? At a computer at home/business or at a hostingcompany?

When I browser your [scene]-folder of your Java-tour (found it in your other post), I can see al the .jpe-files. Did you upload everything? (I know, stupid questions, but sometimes stupid questions resolves larger problems.)

It's the only thing I can think of. Success!

Message posted by tellis on November-05-2007 at 3:40pm
View tellis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tellis Search   Quote tellis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Yes, everything is uploaded - the Flash tour works in IE but not Firefox. The Java tour works on both IE & Firefox.

Thanks for the response.

(whats this, is Smooth taking a day off today?)

Message posted by 360texas on November-05-2007 at 5:05pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I looked with IE 6 and Flash player 9.x and it works.

For Foxfire browser folks..you might need to return to Foxfires web site and see if they have any add-on's that will make FF work for you. I did download Flash player 9 for Firefox from Adobe and I get the loading progress bar.. but it stops at 50% and says it waiting for your server to do something.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tellis on November-05-2007 at 5:50pm
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Dave,

Thats the problem, it works in IE & hangs up at approx 50% loaded in FF..

Anyone else had this problem? Also, can anyone using a Mac try the Flash tour for me - I dont have access to one & would like to know if it works.

http://360ocala.com/flash/cfcc/cfcc2.html#

Thanks

Message posted by eagle on November-05-2007 at 6:14pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Yep. It hangs up in FF at around 50%.

Do you have a linux server?   If so, make sure the files are all in lowercase. Also, try using jpg files vs. jpe.

I had a similar problem. I decided to forgo the encryption and the problem disappeared.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by tellis on November-05-2007 at 7:01pm
tellis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2007
32 Posts

Eagle,

So in order to get the tour to work in FF all files need to be in lowercase & jpg instead of jpe?

The lowercase thing really bugs me - not as much as having to use underscore between 2 word file names - they look really tacky and unprofessional in the end product tour.

Thanks - I think I will just say "Flash version of tour for Internet Explorer only"

Eagle, again, thanks for the reply - have a good one.

Message posted by eagle on November-05-2007 at 10:52pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi tellis,

I'm referring to hosting on a linux server. If you are hosted on a Windows server, then it shouldn't be a problem granted of course that is indeed the cause of the problem.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on November-05-2007 at 11:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by tellis on November-05-2007

(whats this, is Smooth taking a day off today?)

Yes! (I Wish)  

No, I will look into it but I can't see anything obvious and don't have the time to dig at the moment.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by areimer on November-08-2007 at 11:14pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

I had to update flash player in order to view my Flash based tour in FF.  Having done this, it runs fine and without having to do the lower case thing and I am also operating on a linux server.

With your project, I also find that it doesn't get past the loading bar in FF

Don't worry about the lower case and underscore thing.  If it works for me, it should work for you and in any case, it would not matter in the case of your user interface.  You can have your text box items in normal text while your underlying file names (not visible to the site visitor) are all in lower case with underscores.

Try going through all your pre-publish settings.

I found with TW2, that when I had a problem with the output, sometimes reloading TW and republishing the tour resolved it.

When nothing else works, I build a light version of what I am trying to do with only one or two images but I build it in stages and publish and test it as I add new features until I get to the point where it breaks down.   

This is probably not very helpful but I have a feeling that this is something very simpple like an addressing issue. 

Alan

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register