Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Jerky!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mskp on November-05-2007 at 7:18pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, to all and please Help!

Here I post two links to a same tour or project of tour. One in flash and the other in Java. At the moment the one that makes it difficult to me is the java version and to go further I need to solve some problems. In java the movement while pano is a lot erratic and jerky. Almost impossible to view. Any thoughts??? BTW, as mentioned in a topic I posted the other day in this image again is a wrinkle to see at the middle of the screen, noticeable when passing over objects. (Smooth, maybe this time you see it). In these cases I always mention that the size of the panorama is respecting the rule of the 2.5 the size of the screen and is about 400 kb before publishing.
Please any suggestions will be welcome.

Flash: http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/pruebas/upload/flash/TourWeaver_Project7.html

Java:
http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/pruebas/upload/java/TourWeaver_Project7.html

Thanks and regards, Martin

Message posted by mskp on November-07-2007 at 12:18pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Really, nobody can help me with this??

Thanks again, Martin

Message posted by thedhgroup on November-07-2007 at 10:01pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
You are doing nothing wrong that I can see. Personally if I really have to publish a JAVA tour these days I use version 2.00.070301. The versions after that exhibit the jerky behavior because there is no way to slow down the pan when interacting with the image. You can set your pan speed slower and it won't be so jerky but when you interact with the image it is hard to control in version 3 and later versions of 2. Stick with flash if you can. The picture quality is not quite as good but it sure cut down on the problem tickets on my side.

I just looked on my server for a comparison tour from build 301 and after 301. I could not find it but the difference is pretty evident. The first thing I did with TW3 was check to see if EP fixed the interactive pan speed in JAVA and it appears to be the same as the later version 2 builds.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by areimer on November-09-2007 at 1:35pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

I am experiencing the Jerky behaviour as well as the shimmering distortion around horizontal and vertical lines when panning in both the Java and the Flash output.  This was not happening in TW2.

Below are two examples of some client work.  I am using 2800 pixel width images in spherical output in both cases. 

TW2 Tour in Java

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by mskp on November-09-2007 at 2:37pm
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Alan! I can observe what you mention specially the spark like lines. also the wrinkle i mention in my post is in your java tour. I mena the one in the middle of the screen, vertical line, that produces a a"fold" in the image. You can see it for example in the fisrta pano (java) "climbing" on the roof while panning. But in my case this is something I can tolerate, as i believe that maybe a normal viewer will not notice it, but the jerky movement in my example posted above is something that makes it almost impossible to show. I observe that when simply moving the mouse over the screen while playing the movement reacts in a way. This movement did not happen in TW 2.0.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by areimer on November-09-2007 at 3:22pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts
I am trying to be optimistic about the flash product because this seems to be the pathway that EP is determined to take.  I like the potential of what Flash can offer but my primary inerest is in good image presentation which TW2 has.  I think I am going to stay with TW2 until the flash product can offer something close to this quality.

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by Thatone1785 on November-12-2007 at 1:14am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I agree - I have activated TW3 on my computer but have continued to produce tours in TW2 because the output seems better... Easypano please give us an answer of what to expect? Have you given up on updating TW3?

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register