Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Large images.zip file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by taczer on November-11-2007 at 7:23am
View taczer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by taczer Search   Quote taczer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
taczer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
April-05-2007
10 Posts
Why the file config_presentation_name.xml is encrypted? -
The file images_presentation_name.zip contains a lot of the same images with different names eg. hotspots (I use just one kind of hotspot in each presentation).
In TW2 i changed all names of hotspots to eg. hotspot_normal in config file and left only this one in images pack.

Now in TW3 i can't do that and my images.zip file is approx 500kB big instead of 100-200kB for presentation including 20 scenes.

Message posted by disjo on November-12-2007 at 1:02am
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
I would love to hear the answer also.

EP?

Message posted by Thatone1785 on November-12-2007 at 1:12am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
i assume that this is also the reason that I can host flash tours on one of my hosting accounts and I can not on another because the host doesn't allow this type of file. - They should revise the program to ensure a better compatibility

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by sunibmms on December-12-2007 at 12:17am
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts

Register TW, then you can get the unencrypted file config_presentation_name.xml .

"The file images_presentation_name.zip contains a lot of the same images with different names" The hotspot can be customed, so every hotspot must has its own images IMO.

Message posted by disjo on December-12-2007 at 12:15pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
@sunibmms: I'm a registered user and even then the config_presentation_name.xml is encrypted after publishing.

EP changed this behavour since TW2.0.

Message posted by sunibmms on December-12-2007 at 9:47pm
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts

@disjo: But I can get the unencrypted file config_presentation_name.xml in the tour, which published in java.

My TW: 300 Professional Edition(Registered)

Message posted by disjo on December-13-2007 at 11:41am
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
The unencryted file is name config_presentation_name.TXT and   not .xml.

The .xml-file is only used for Flash, and is always encrypted (even if you have a registered TW3.0Pro, like I do).

I would love to see that the .xml-file is unencrypted like the .txt-file for Javatours is.

Message posted by smooth on December-13-2007 at 12:56pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I suggest Easypano just get rid of the encryption altogether.

Then people don't have the issue's/problems. I don't personally see any value in it at all. Only problems.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Joe Rao on December-14-2007 at 4:39am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

i'm afraid it is not the right time for Easypano to uncrypt the .xml file. Hope you understand. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,Joe

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by disjo on December-14-2007 at 1:23pm
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
@joe, please explain why?

The java-version is unencrypted, why not the Flash-version?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register