Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: FTP option? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Hoosier3D on November-12-2007 at 8:19am
View Hoosier3D's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hoosier3D Search   Visit Hoosier3D's Homepage www   Quote Hoosier3D Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hoosier3D
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-21-2007
27 Posts
I am not a happy camper...  Cannot figure out how to publish via FTP and there is no mention of how to do this in the user guide or on the website under FAQ or the knowledge base.  I have searched to forum and found mention of this feature being removed in an older version.  I do have 3.0 and it is the pro version.  I have submitted a live help ticket, but am wanting my tour published asap!  Many, many thanks to anyone willing to help!

-------------
Still learning the ropes.

Message posted by 360texas on November-12-2007 at 8:41am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Well now lets see.  Hoosier3D must be from the 'Show Me State'.

So we will now show you how to do what you asked.

Everytime you publish you get a page that looks like this set of instructions on what files to copy to your website server.  Please read and remember  paragraph 2b

---------------

2. How to embed this virtual tour in my web page?

a. Copy the following code and paste it in your own web page;

b. Copy corresponding resource files, including Scene, Sounds, config_cfcc2.xml, waiting_cfcc2.gif, images_cfcc2.zip, flashversion.html, expressinstall.swf, expressinstall.html, swfobject.js, twviewer.swf and tour_cfcc2.html to the folder of your own page. Please keep the file structure unchanged.

Generated by Easypano Tourweaver

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by roadkillron on November-12-2007 at 8:48am
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

What Dave said and... Maybe give this a read...

http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/ftp

I like Cute FTP though I usually use Front Page to upload.

http://www.cuteftp.com/products/ftp_clients.aspx

Make sure you upload text based files in ASCII mode

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Hoosier3D on November-12-2007 at 1:58pm
View Hoosier3D's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hoosier3D Search   Visit Hoosier3D's Homepage www   Quote Hoosier3D Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hoosier3D
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-21-2007
27 Posts
Well...  I CAN read.  I don't really need someone to "show me" how to do it.  Paragraph 2b has nothing to do with FTP.  I did download  another FTP program (FileZilla as recommended by Smooth in another post I found), but was really hoping that FTP would be an option when publishing within tourweaver as the product comparison from the Tourweaver 3.0 help manual suggests.  This is a direct quote via cut and paste:

"Multiple Output Options (Local, FTP)"

FTP directly from Tourweaver would be a lot easier. 

I do already have a tour online for anyone that would care to see it.  It is my first one.  I have not uploaded the second one yet as I guess I have to learn how to use yet another program to upload the tour via FTP.  It is just so time consuming to upload all of the individual files and seems that Easypano intended to have FTP built in...

http://www.hoosier3dimaging.com/sampletour.html

Thanks!

Michelle

-------------
Still learning the ropes.

Message posted by 360texas on November-12-2007 at 5:43pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

HiMichelle,

I really do like your sample tour.  Job well done.

I re-read your original post.  Ah you were asking about an FTP internal to TW3.   Ok.  I now understand where you are coming from regarding FTP.  

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by DaMan on November-13-2007 at 2:54am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Very nice tour.  Let me just say I understand your frustration with the user manuel.  (It is awful and not up to date) I use a program called SMART FTP that does not have any problem with Binary or ASCII files or the encrypted issues.  It works by default settings and is drag and drop.  All you need to do is open SMART FTP goto HTML folder and select all the files for the tour and drag/drop them into the FTP folder and it will upload them all.  I know it is an extra step but it is the easiest and fastest way I have found.

DaMan

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-13-2007 at 9:24am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Just for general information....Hoosier is Indiana, the show me state is Missouri.

Michelle, TW 1.3 did have publishing straight from the program. I spoke with Joe when they removed it in TW 2.0 and he said that many user's were having a problem with it so they removed it. My question was why not just fix it for all to use instead of remove it because of some complaints.

I use Yahoo sitebuilder web hosting for my tours it's cheap, easy and has 24/7 live body phone support. In TW 2.0 & 3.0 when I click publish the file path sends all the files to Yahoo sitebuilder. I then open sitebuilder and click publish and it's uploaded in 2 or 3 minutes.

Your tour is very nice for a first tour, what equipment are you using?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on November-14-2007 at 2:57pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Thanks Jerry,  I knew it was one of those Northern States.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register