Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Interface frozen with only one pano Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by yvanmarl on January-11-2008 at 10:13pm
View yvanmarl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yvanmarl Search   Quote yvanmarl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yvanmarl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-14-2007
9 Posts

Hi!

In a tour (with 17 spherical shots in it), everything is working fine, until I load one of the panorama (using a dropdown list). The pano load fine, it start revolving. But I soon as I click either in the pano, the map, or the dropdown menu, everything freeze. I must close the interface and restart it.

It is a bug? A bad setting on my side (I didn't do anything special with this pano...)

Martin :)

Message posted by yvanmarl on January-11-2008 at 10:23pm
View yvanmarl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yvanmarl Search   Quote yvanmarl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yvanmarl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-14-2007
9 Posts

I made some more tests...

The cursor in the map window are still moving (but the map is not). The dropdowm menu actually, drop, allow me to slect antoher pano, but nothing happen after. The text box is working fine.

I use the latest version of TW3, and Java.

Martin

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2008 at 12:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Martin,

It is all just a guess because you haven't provided us with a link to the problem tour. Be 100% sure that all the tour images are named correctly using only A-Z & 0_9 English letters and number. No special symbols.

Check this and then post a link if the problem is still happening.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by yvanmarl on January-12-2008 at 2:34pm
yvanmarl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-14-2007
9 Posts

I'll check that.

I'll be back with a link (the tour is not uploaded yet).

Also, is "space" a special character? I have a spaces in the name of my file...

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2008 at 11:20pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

No spaces, symbols or special characters including parentheses/brackets ()[]. ONLY a-z 0_9 English Dash - and _ Underscores are fine as shown.

Really using even CaPs is bad for server compatibility.

Keep all file names one_continuous_line-like-this.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-13-2008 at 8:44am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Using 1.3 I've had problems similar to this if:

Total tour size (inc sounds) is bigger than 29 - 30mb

Also, had issues if I have one pano which has much bigger dimensions than other ones.

HTH

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by yvanmarl on January-14-2008 at 11:04am
yvanmarl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-14-2007
9 Posts

I started the project over from zero. I made sure all my file and web-save named (named_like_this).

I noticed that on some pano, TW give the same name to some element (i.e. there were 3 "Active Point1", etc.). I changed all the duplicate names.

The problem is still there. There is 2-3 pnaos that made the whole thing freezes. All my pano are the same size.

I generated a Flash VT and so far, I have no problem at all. But the flash VR is 55 Mo, while Java is 13 Mo.

Smooth, can I send you all my files (13 Mo) for inspection on your side?

Message posted by DaMan on January-14-2008 at 2:48pm
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Smooth will point u to this previous post about replacing images in the Flash folder because EP gave us control over compression for flash but not Java.  As so the 2 or 3 panos that freeze it might be fixed once you compress the images and also check the file names again,  Hope this helps

Daman

Message posted by smooth on January-14-2008 at 11:15pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tourweaver is not doing the compression on the .swf image files you should do this yourself using a image program that compresses to your liking. I.E: Photoshop, JpegWizard, Fireworks, KissMyImage etc.

Using KissMyImage will most likely be easiest if you are not familiar with compressing images. www.kissmyimage.com

Expect an image of 4000x2000 to come in well under 2MB each.

All you need to do is "swap" the images in the "Scene" folder (Being 100% sure you have the exact same names) and file extension. I.E: .jpg not .jpeg etc.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on January-14-2008 at 11:22pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by yvanmarl on January-14-2008

I noticed that on some pano, TW give the same name to some element (i.e. there were 3 "Active Point1", etc.). I changed all the duplicate names..

Smooth, can I send you all my files (13 Mo) for inspection on your side?

Martin,

Sending the Java version is useless because the files are encrypted and we have no control over this. (mores the pity!)

As for Easypano still naming file with caps and spaces (We can only tell them so many times) it appears they use Windows Servers and are forever chasing their tails when they release something new one it is uploaded to a Unix or Linux server. Still the images in the .zip file don't seem to suffer the same issues as those in the Scene folder.

I suggest you re-compress your images in the "Flash" Scene folder yourself to maximise your download speed vs quality. (See post above)

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register