Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: problems with Mac viewers Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by toddnapaver on January-12-2008 at 4:55am
View toddnapaver's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by toddnapaver Search   Quote toddnapaver Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
toddnapaver
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
September-14-2007
5 Posts

Hello everyone.

If anyone has a Mac, can you do me a big favour and check out this tour?

Another Mac user (with firefox & safari browsers) claims that 'scroll bars' did not appear with the browser, so the tour was cut off.   

Tour made in flash, with TW3,  standard pic size 60k, pano size about 700k.

Link:  http://www.reve.com.au/realestate/pppa/1105/

Only thing I reckon is a java script in the Html that maximizes browser size to available screen width.

Any ideas lads?  I am mac illiterate.

Thanks

Todd

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2008 at 9:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Todd,

I'm guessing you build on a laptop? The tour is far too large for a normal screen. I'm running 1280 x 1024 and it doesn't fit on the screen without a vertical scroll bar. The actual "tour" size is OK but the header image uses too much screen real estate.

Really you need to keep in mind that "most" people are still using 1024 x 768 (out of the box) screen resolution.

As for the Mac browser issue (I have no idea) I don't cater for that 5 to 10% either. But I'm sure building within normal size screen resolution will see the issue resolved.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by toddnapaver on January-12-2008 at 4:57pm
View toddnapaver's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by toddnapaver Search   Quote toddnapaver Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
toddnapaver
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
September-14-2007
5 Posts

Thanks Smooth

I am building on a 28 " LCD flat screen.

Good point on the 1024 x 768.

I am not really overly concerned about vertical scrolling, just trying to prevent both vertical and horizontal.

Thanks!

Todd

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2008 at 11:16pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is always hard to build graphics or do web design that caters for the 99%er's but this is a must. I know it's nice to have huge screens and high resolution but building on them without testing is very misleading.

People invariably when building a page want to to look nice on the screen they are using (which is understandable) but a hugely disappointed when they get to see there handy work on another screen.

Download this FREE window sizer app: and that way you can test on any size screen just what the average punter will be viewing. Then adjust everything to fit within the default 1024x768

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by dougeefresh on January-14-2008 at 4:35pm
View dougeefresh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dougeefresh Search   Quote dougeefresh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dougeefresh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-14-2008
23 Posts
Hello.

Auto-maximizing a window is never a good thing. I have a 23" Cinema HD monitor and when a browser window maximizes on a screen like this, it's annoying and intrusive, and definitely not needed in this case (I do a lot of web usability). That aside, I don't see any scrollbars on Firefox. However, on Safari, your virtual tour is missing completely. I see the static photo on top with the apt. info, mid section is empty, and I see Download Floor Plan & Return to PPPA Website at th bottom.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register