Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: How to use H.264 Video? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on January-16-2008 at 3:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

In the latest release we know have the option to output video tours via Apple's H.264 codec.

The issue here is nobody seems to know how we deal with the FMP4 .avi file it creates. Search the web turns up little answers too date. All popular software I.E: MOVAVI, Adobe Premiere, Pinnacle, Ulead etc doesn't know what to do with it.

So I'm asking everybody for a collective effort to find out the best way to get the highest possible resolution for DVD burning using this H.264 codec movie file that Tourweaver outputs. Maybe Joe or Jenny from Easypano can show a work flow?

This information will also need to be added to the users manual.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-17-2008 at 6:37pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Good idea - I dont work for Mac computers since all my stuff is created around an autorun max style 'front end' (Longtions Enterprise version) but i'm happy to use my school mac to test anything and see what can be done as it would be useful to have these for school use.  Would be useful to find out if theres a front end maker for macs and pcs (other than director). Thats another issue however and I don't want to take the thread away from that as this is a specific issue to work on.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by smooth on January-17-2008 at 10:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, H.264 doesn't require a MAC computer, I believe it was Apple who introduced it (at least that's where I first heard about it in Quicktime) . It's the H.264 Codec FMP4 that is in question. Codec's will run on both Windows and Mac. It is just a way of compressing video. H.264 FMP4 is basically a mpeg4 file using H.264 compression. By all accounts H.264 is a very good codec and recommended by many for high quality low file size.

Here again is the issue. The file that Easypano Tourweaver outputs is a H.264 FMP4 file with a .avi file extension. To view this file you need a codec that decompress the file. (I don't have one) and none of the common players I.E: Windows Media Player, Power DVD etc will play the file. So you need to convert it or find a codec that will allow you to use FMP4.

Now, the object of outputting in H.264 (if I'm not wrong) is so you can get a higher quality video file for playback on HD television as apposed to the very poor quality offered previously. Like my LCD HD TV is 1920x1080 and we would like to play better quality resolution tours through it.

Seems strange to me that Easypano introduced H.264 using the very odd FMP4 format when none of the common players can play it and none of the common encoders can convert it. Such as Adobe Premiere, MOVAVI, Ulead or Pinnacle. So I'm asking for instructions either from Easypano (who released it in the latest Tourweaver build) or anybody who has a quality workflow.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by vilmer on January-18-2008 at 8:29am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Smooth, did you install ffdshow on your computer?
*edit: Maybe you can find here some inspiration.*

-------------

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2008 at 9:58am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vilmer,

Thanks for the reply and yes I have read way to much on the Doom9 website and forum. I haven't loaded ffdshow because I'm wary of adding multiple codec's. As I have had MAJOR issue's before. I really am asking for a complete workflow from somebody who has been successful or for Easypano to supply instructions for their latest release.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on January-18-2008 at 8:07pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Yeah, the major issues sounds familiar ;-). However, before you install ffdshow, you can make a restore point on your harddisk. In case stuff goes wrong, you can always revert to the previous state.
I have not yet played with the H.264 compression, and if I take a look at the google results, I don't think there's an easy workflow for this..

-------------

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2008 at 11:04pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, I installed VLC Player and it can

• A) Play the FMP4 H.264 video
  • B) It can convert FMP4 H.264 into something else (more normal)

My results so far show little to no improvement in display quality over the older method. Still shows a lot of artifacts and has Posterizing effect.

Really, like I said right form the beginning the output option should be NON-compressed .avi and from there we can do our own compression using proven methods and codec's to produce high quality DVD display.

Regards, Smooth

P.S: I installed ffdshow, I had a quick look at the GUI and it wasn't very friendly. I need to spend some time reading the manual (if I can find it) maybe it was a separate download?

Message posted by vilmer on January-19-2008 at 4:41pm
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
P.S: I installed ffdshow, I had a quick look at the GUI and it wasn't very friendly. I need to spend some time reading the manual (if I can find it) maybe it was a separate download?
No idea if there is a manual available for ffdshow, Smooth. Sofar I only used it to insert subtitles in DIVX movies when played in mediaplayer.
In the doom9 link I put here earlier they tell what to do with ffdshow, not how :-(
Ofcourse it would be best if there would be a .vob output that you could directly burn to a movie dvd.

-------------

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on January-28-2008 at 5:40pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

I think the crew at EasyPano need to realize that most of us that use their software are somewhat savvy around computers and they just need to either do away completely with encryption and compression in their software, or at least offer it as an option for us to choose or not to actually use.  Just my $.02 worth.

Cheers!

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by digitalnoise on January-28-2008 at 8:10pm
View digitalnoise's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by digitalnoise Search   Quote digitalnoise Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
digitalnoise
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
March-19-2006
22 Posts

My APPLE TV is able to read videos produced from TW.

WOW.  Now, me and the 2 other guys on the planet who bought APPLE TV'S can see the videos.

I hope Easypano will add other codec options for maintream users as they are our customers.

-------------
I see Fragged people

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register