Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Video images in a tour !!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mskp on January-17-2008 at 6:55pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!
I was asked if it is possible to include in any way video images into a tour. Actually I have images in avi, but there is no problem in transforming them in any other format. Does anybody know if it is possible or is there a way to do this.
Thanks for your help or advice.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-17-2008 at 7:04pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Never seen it done. I know with 1.3 that there was a 30mb ish limit on total tour size which also means video would be an issue - not that it was an feature anyway - and im not sure if the new ones have it either as a feature or a bigger file size.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by smooth on January-17-2008 at 10:59pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Martin,

ATM there isn't a way to do this directly with Tourweaver but it would be quite easy to fake it in using HTML and screen shots of the original skin and viewer window. Possibly the easiest most convincing way would be to use an iframe.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on January-18-2008 at 7:05am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth!

I knew that you would find a way to do it, or at least a "go around" (??) method. The procedure you suggest, is it easy to perform with a minimum (or almost zero) of scripting knowledge??

Thanks, Martin

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2008 at 9:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The basic concept would be to do something like this.

http://smooth360.com/temp/video/

You would make a html link (using the _self option) in the "real tour" skin to another page that has a screen capture (or better) of your tour skin and within the viewer area you would have the video shown via an iFrame (inline frame) meaning you could replace of have multiple videos called into the same iFrame. Simply make another button to link back to the "real" virtual tour.

Really, now that Tourweaver can output in flash it would be a relative easy task to add a "streaming video" option to the preexisting viewer. Something I guess Easypano plan for a future release.

Obviously you would would make your video "fit" the viewer window correctly (something YouTube can't do) and optimise all skin objects and video for fast download. It would be easy enough to make all the thumbnails and buttons work via hyperlinks (or even API) so that when clicked it would return to the "real tour". Using API function could even be possible to have the "correct" scene load that was clicked.

Replacing the "map" area on the dummy video skin page with say a list of hyperlinks to available movies etc would add more interest and it would also make sense to the viewers.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by disjo on January-18-2008 at 1:33pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
@smooth:

API doesn't work for Flash-tours, only for Java.

Message posted by mskp on January-18-2008 at 5:46pm
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth!

Thanks. It could be even a pop up image. It has not to have necessarily be included or pasted into the original sceneviewer or skin. I image something like a button in the TW3 flash tour that links to a pop up window showing the movie. It could be another url.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2008 at 10:49pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by mskp on January-18-2008

Hi, Smooth!

Thanks. It could be even a pop up image. It has not to have necessarily be included or pasted into the original sceneviewer or skin. I image something like a button in the TW3 flash tour that links to a pop up window showing the movie. It could be another url.

Regards, Martin

Martin,

What you have suggested is already been possible since version 1.0 (though not Flash) Just simple hyperlink to page with video.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on January-18-2008 at 10:53pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by disjo on January-18-2008
@smooth:

API doesn't work for Flash-tours, only for Java.

OK, so use Java.

I would think API could be set up for Flash without too much trouble. Action Script 3 would need to be used. Really surprising it is not already in place. But so is adding video to a tour. I guess we have to have something for the future!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on January-20-2008 at 6:40pm
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, have find a way. That was it what I was searching for. A button and a pop-up image with the video. No play or pause button at the moment. Video still to huge (3 mb) but just a test. Have to find out a way/soft to compress it.

http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/pruebas/videotest/TourWeaver_projecto%20video.html

Regards, Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register