Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Google Earth Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on January-20-2008 at 12:45pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I know this topic has been covered extensively and I have read and re-read the thread. I still can't figure-out where or how to get the images to download to make the virtual tour. I have followed the instructions, used the correct lon.and lat. which takes me there but still can't find the images or files that I will need.
Please help as I would like to make this a part of my tour package. As a newbie I know it's just something I'm missing but can't figure it out. Maybe I don't have something downloaded that I need!
Thanks

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on January-20-2008 at 1:11pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Save>Save Image (Ctrl+Alt+S) in each position or use a screen capture. Name them 001, 002 etc.

Be sure to turn off all the screen controls to keep the image scene clean. Change show navigation to "never".

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-20-2008 at 1:53pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
OK this is where I am getting confused. Save what image in what position? The other post talked about finding 41 images, where are they and how do I identify them?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by smooth on January-20-2008 at 2:00pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Read the tutorial

Get the Kmz compiler you will need to know the Longitude and Latitude starting point. Save the file to your computer. Open this file in Google Earth. You will have a list of positions in "Places" double click each position to go to the correct position/view, wait for it to be displayed at 100% and capture the image. Move on to the next image position and repeat until you have a full set.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-20-2008 at 2:54pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

OK, I think I may have the start of it. It says (in places) "circle 0" and below that is a yellow place marker and a #1. Then it goes on to "circle0.625" with 6 markers and so forth, a total of 41 "yellow place markers". Will let you know if I can get it put together. I know Panoweaver will not stitch it. What is the cheapest and easiest stitcher that you recommend. This is all I would use the stitcher for as I use Panoweaver5 for my other work.

-------------

Message posted by roadkillron on January-20-2008 at 5:20pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

I have had some trouble with this too, the tutorial refers to 28 images and the complier creates 41. There is a PTGUI template for the images - but I have not yet got it going successfully :(

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by mskp on January-20-2008 at 6:43pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, yes youre right. The tutorial says something about 28 images, but actually you have to have 41. It took me some time to find out the process. The confusing part for me was to find out where the images were loaded. Once you get it it is very simple.
Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-20-2008 at 6:45pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Martin, how do you stitch your images for this.

-------------

Message posted by mskp on January-20-2008 at 6:56pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Jerry!

I actually use the stitcher recomended in the tutorial and mentioned by roadkillron, for which you have also the template to download.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-20-2008 at 9:41pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
OK, I'm almost there. The problem now is the image has a piece sticking up in the middle. I think Wideyes had the same problem. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I did download the template and this is what I get.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register