Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: skins - design your own - how? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by stalwart on January-22-2008 at 5:56am
View stalwart's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stalwart Search   Quote stalwart Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stalwart
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-17-2008
13 Posts

Hi all

a search revealled 13 topics on "skins"....

Im trialing both Tourweaver 3 and 3DVista Show. I prefer the flexible design approach to Tourweaver - and will probably end up buying the PRO version but find it is potentially limited by the lack of designability of skins as per Skin Editor. I know there are a couple of members who can design custom skins Smooth being one I can think of off-hand and this might be a route I have to go down.

However, I would like to have a go at designing my own. The downloaded examples have been useful in helping me understand and work with Tourweaver, but for my own business I want something unique. In the Tourweaver folder, there is an .sk file, and a corresponding folder with JPEGs and a _PREVIEW file.  Neither this _PREVIEW file, nor the .sk file, open with anything I have on my machine, or out there on the web so how can I manipulate / design my own? What information do the .sk and _PREVIEW files contain?

Otherwise, Smooth - can you PM me so we can chat about design service.
One thread talked of a tutorial on how to create your own - has one been written yet?
cheers
Stuart

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-22-2008 at 6:40am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Hey there
This is a dead easy problem to solve! The ski file is the completed skin file - you can import and export skins. However, when you open up TW you can select the 'background image' this is the visual part of the skin and this is a simple jpg (in my case) which I make on photoshop. Once I have the background I want i point TW at this and up comes my background. I then work out what buttons I want and where - this is the sk file and this is only openable with TW.
Its the background one youre reallty talking about here and thats a simple jpg.
Lemme know if i can help more
f

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by smooth on January-22-2008 at 8:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Stuart,

You can create your skins in any graphic software. Photoshop, Corel, Paint Shop Pro, The Gimp etc.

You design it how you like and save objects/components as .jpg or .gif and bring each piece into Tourweaver as required. Yes, some images will need to be in "states" so this is where creating thing in layers is required in Photoshop etc.

Once you have designed and compiled everything as needed in Tourweaver you then save as a skin via export. The new skin will be named by you I.E: my_new_skin and Tourweaver will give the compiled skin the full name of my_new_skin.sk and once you have the .sk file you can sell it, swap it or give it away. Reuse it at will. There will be (1) .sk file and matching folder to each skin design with both having the same name.

If you would like a custom designed skin built I can obviously help, though it sounds like you should give it a go yourself first.

Believe me Tourweaver is the only Tour builder worth your consideration. I've got many and been around well long enough to know.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by alexphotof11 on February-03-2010 at 8:18pm
View alexphotof11's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by alexphotof11 Search   Visit alexphotof11's Homepage www   Quote alexphotof11 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
alexphotof11
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
February-02-2010
6 Posts
Smooth HELP !!!

I all ready read the information above. I all ready design my own skin but I don know how to save it as .sk, if I go to the save as menu it does not have that file extension. I`m doing VR for ten fitnes clubs arund my city, so every time I have to load pictures for the new location I have to open my last proyect, rename it and then delete the photos of the old one and, so on. I know there is a better way for sure. Can U tell me how....please...

Thanks

Alex

-------------
Happy Shots !!!

Message posted by alexphotof11 on February-03-2010 at 8:24pm
View alexphotof11's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by alexphotof11 Search   Visit alexphotof11's Homepage www   Quote alexphotof11 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
alexphotof11
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
February-02-2010
6 Posts
Sorry Smooth,

I found the information, any way thank`s for your attention.

Alex

-------------
Happy Shots !!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register