Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Need help from the gurus re: sound! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by dougeefresh on January-23-2008 at 11:47am
View dougeefresh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dougeefresh Search   Quote dougeefresh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dougeefresh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-14-2008
23 Posts
I would like to do two things:

1. Add an audio clip to a hotspot in a scene. When clicked on, it will play a narration explaining the scene. I have no problem linking an audio file but once it starts playing, it wouldn't stop even if I move to a different scene. I want the narration to stop after I leave the scene.

2. Add a hotspot to a scene that will show a descriptive text box in place of a map.

Are any of these possible?
Thanks.

Message posted by mskp on January-23-2008 at 12:48pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, yes you can add sound to a hotspot, but the problem is (as you observed) that it will play as long as the sound last. It will not stop changing the scene. What you can do is add sound to a scene without a hotspot. Once the scene starts, so will the sound. I know It is not the same as what you asked for. I imagine that you want the user to choose if he wants to hear a description or not and if yes that he chooses when.

Regarding the other issue you asked for, you can add a hotspot and under actions of it choose map and there "link to map". Then it will "display another map in Map Viewer" as the Action description says. That for, first you have to create in PS or similar an image with the text you want to display and respecting the size of the mapviewer and load that image as a map.

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by dougeefresh on January-23-2008 at 1:03pm
View dougeefresh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dougeefresh Search   Quote dougeefresh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dougeefresh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-14-2008
23 Posts
Thanks, Martin.

I was hoping that I can use text instead of text image but oh well...

Starting the sound when the scene starts may work better since it stops when the scene changes.
Gonna try that. Thanks!

Doug

Message posted by mskp on January-23-2008 at 6:09pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Doug!

Well if you want to use the text in the map viewer, yes you have to have a text image. Now if you want a text that shows up when a scene begins you can use "Text Area" where you can link a different text to a different scene, map or movie. You can have a scene description of each different scene for example. I did not mentioned this before, because you asked about a hotspot link. Maybe this helps.

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by dougeefresh on January-24-2008 at 10:46am
dougeefresh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-14-2008
23 Posts
Cool. That sounds like I will have a good use for it.
Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register