Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Flash Player Detection Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mrgaric on February-04-2008 at 9:20am
View mrgaric's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mrgaric Search   Quote mrgaric Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mrgaric
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-03-2007
14 Posts

A new Flash player is out and now all of my tours display:

"To view virtual tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is needed. Please download the latest version of Flash Player and install it on your computer."

How can I fix this?

-------------
Thanks

Message posted by smooth on February-04-2008 at 9:41am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Umm, download the latest version of Flash!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mrgaric on February-04-2008 at 10:41am
View mrgaric's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mrgaric Search   Quote mrgaric Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mrgaric
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-03-2007
14 Posts

Perhaps I'm not being clear.
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the Flash Player (Version: 9,0,115,0) from Adobe's website this morning and now I am getting this alert. I did not get it with my old version of the Flash Player.

-------------
Thanks

Message posted by disjo on February-04-2008 at 11:20am
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
You're probably using FF.

Don't install Flash through the setup on adobe.com, but go to www.deconcept.com.

You'll probably get a warning that your flash-version is too old, click on the link to update and then your tours will work again.

P.S. EP uses the deconcepts swfobject to detect java, so that's why I went to their site. And there I also got the warning, but after updating the warning's gone.

Message posted by mrgaric on February-04-2008 at 11:29am
mrgaric
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-03-2007
14 Posts

I went to that website and it hasn't been updated in 2 years.

Besides... I'm interested in a solution that works for the masses. Telling everyone who visits my site that they have to go download something unfamiliar is exactly what I have been trying to avoid by using a popular plug in.

I think there is some script somewhere (probably the swfobject.js) that is checking to see if the version number of the Flash Player is 9.0.28 or higher, but then Adobe came out with a new Player with a lower version number (9,0,115,0) and made a mess of that plan.

-------------
Thanks

Message posted by mrgaric on February-04-2008 at 1:15pm
mrgaric
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-03-2007
14 Posts

After some experimenting I found that it worked with the new version of the Flash Player in Opera, Firefox and Safari, just not IE7. I uninstalled the player and installed it from scratch and now everything works fine.

I still wish I knew what happened so I could give an informed answer if any of my users have this problem.

Maybe it has something to do with the Adobe automatic updater.

-------------
Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register