Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Why are my panos in Tourweaver not level Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by stalwart on February-04-2008 at 11:26am
View stalwart's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stalwart Search   Quote stalwart Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stalwart
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-17-2008
13 Posts

Hi all

Ive created my first Tour with Tourweaver 3 Professional posted it here:

http://www.stuartthorp.co.uk/easypano/rushy_lane/_flashvr/TourWeaver_risley.html

Still to do the 1st Floor Map so bear with me just use the arrows on the panos instead to wander around.

Question: a number of the panos in Tourweaver have come out wonky (kitchen, first floor landing, family bathroom, etc). These were generated in PTGui and Pano2VR 

and all are level, horizontal with T1 points to correct verticals on a number of the images. Do I put T1 points for verticals on every image? So, whilst the outputs from both Pano2VR, and preview in PTGui, look fine, why do they not line up horizontal when they get into Tourweaver?

The PTGui & Pano2VR workthroughs for each pano is here:

http://www.stuartthorp.co.uk/easypano/

HELP!

Stu

Message posted by VRtour.nl on February-04-2008 at 11:36am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Hi Stu

This have noting to do with TW.

I have taken a look at an original photo.
http://www.stuartthorp.co.uk/easypano/rushy_lane/_flashvr/scene/1_risley_007_cube_out.jpg
You need to level your photos first.

Gr, Harry

Message posted by stalwart on February-04-2008 at 11:41am
View stalwart's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stalwart Search   Quote stalwart Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stalwart
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-17-2008
13 Posts

hi Garry

How do I level them? Throughout the whole PTGui process, the previews are level - only seems when outputed from Pano2VR do they go wonky...!

Stu

Message posted by VRtour.nl on February-04-2008 at 11:47am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Stu,

You have done everything correct, but I think you have saved the panorama as a mov-file and not as a JPG or TIF.

So, as you describe, place the T1 contolponts en save the panorama as a JPG or TIF file.

take a look at this tutorial LEVELLING A PANORAMA IMAGE, fore more information about levelling.

Gr, Harry

Message posted by stalwart on February-04-2008 at 12:00pm
stalwart
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-17-2008
13 Posts

Harry

The output in pano2VR is as a TIF - I only produced a mov-file output to show that it is level in QT, but not as a JPG tha't imported into Tourweaver......

Why is it level in PTGui (by using t1 & t2 points) & therefore level in pano2VR, but not by the time it gets to Tourweaver. I see that the JPG output is not level - but why??!
Stu

Message posted by smooth on February-04-2008 at 12:09pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Stu,

Mate, Tourweaver and Pano2VR have "nothing" to do with your leveling errors.

You need to correct this with T1 control points. Probably best done with the equirectangular images after they have been stitched.

"If" you put level in, you get level out! with Tourweaver and Pan2VR

Download the .pts file I made here

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by stalwart on February-04-2008 at 12:25pm
stalwart
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-17-2008
13 Posts

hi smooth

well, b*(&^er me! Thanks smooth - just tested your .pts and it works! hadn't realised you could re-input the completed equirectangluar through PTGui and then add t1 points without buggering it all up! Thanks mate
Stu

Message posted by smooth on February-04-2008 at 12:49pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

No worries, let me know when your tour is sorted as I would like to look at it when you finished. Be sure to check my website for software that might suit your future plans.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-05-2008 at 5:18pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Oooh...will that help solve that church pano I botched up on? I've never used PTGui so I better start swatting up.

Thanks

F

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register