Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Flash update URGENT HELP NEEDED Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Crafty on February-08-2008 at 6:51am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts

Got an automatic flash update today and its stopped all my tours in flash working. I cannot even preview my works in progress as thats flash preview too,

The TW file comes up saying we need version 9.0.28.
The latest update downloads 9.0.115.

I know thi scame up a few days ago but this will affect everyone viewing any TW flash tours and I havent got a suitable answer from EP yet. Maybe an update to TW3 to fix this detection bug is necessary.......and pronto.

Any ideas?

Crafty

Message posted by smooth on February-08-2008 at 7:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm,

Try this....

Open your HTML in a editor.

Change the references from 9.0.28 to 9.0.115 or make it universal to all versions of Flash 9 by entering only 9

<html>
 <head>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
 <title>Virtual Tour Created By Yourname</title>
 <style type="text/css">
 /* hide from ie on mac */
 html {
 height: 100%;
 overflow: hidden;
 }

#flashcontent {
 }
 /* end hide */

body {
 margin: 0;
 padding: 0;
 background-color: #FFFFFF;
 }
 </style>
 </head>
 <body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" rightMargin="0" bottomMargin="0">
 <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
 <div id="flashcontent">
 To view virtual tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is needed.
 Please download the latest version of <a title="
http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" target="_blank">Flash Player</a> and install it on your computer.
 </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
 // <![CDATA[
 var so = new SWFObject("twviewer.swf", "sotester", "800", "500", "9.0.28", "#FFFFFF");
 so.useExpressInstall('expressinstall.swf');
 so.addParam("allowNetworking", "all");
 so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
 so.addParam("allowFullScreen", "true");
 so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
 so.addVariable("lwImg", "loader_image.jpg");
 so.addVariable("lwBgColor", "255,255,255,255");
 so.addVariable("lwBarBgColor", "255,255,255,255");
 so.addVariable("lwBarColor", "255,204,0,255");
 so.addVariable("lwBarBounds", "99,265,300,14");
 so.addVariable("iniFile", "config_yourtour.xml");
 so.write("flashcontent");
 // ]]>
 </script>
 </body>
 </html>

that "should" be enough to overcome the issue.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Carruss on February-14-2008 at 4:35pm
View Carruss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Carruss Search   Quote Carruss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Carruss
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-05-2008
9 Posts

Hello,

I have just been experimenting and mine will not display when uploaded either. The progress bar gets halfway and then it just stops and nothing else happens!

When I view the tour on the local PC its fine and works every time. I have changed the version to 9.0.115 but it makes no difference. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Flash player from Adobe too! I have checked all the naming conventions and they are fine.

I have the lates version of Tourweaver Pro installed although it is only the trial version so it has the 'Easypano' watermark plastered all over it! 

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks in advance,

Carruss. 

Message posted by thedhgroup on February-14-2008 at 11:04pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
I just upgraded to the latest version of flash on all my office computers and the flash tours work fine for me. No problems of any kind except the progress bar does seem to get stuck about half way through (with Firefox, IE is fine) but if you wait, it plays anyway.

example:

http://www.dvt360.com/vt/molzen_2216_black_rock/index.html

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by smooth on February-14-2008 at 11:24pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simply change the 9.0.28 or 9.0.115.0 to just 9 in the two positions in the code I showed above.

There is no reason for specific version numbers.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jamesot on February-15-2008 at 10:12am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

I just updated my sytems to the newest flash 9.0.115.  My windows xp system had no problems running the tours in IE7.0.  Windows Vista Premuim system would not run tours or flash video, just kept saying I needed to  get the newest version. I checked on the adobe flash website for solutions.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

I tryed there test flash page and it failed and said I needed to install the newest flash too, even tho their version checker says the install is good.

I tryed to following solution below and it worked and the Vista machine is now working fine with no changes to my code or tours. 

Windows Vista installation failure

On some Windows Vista systems Flash Player may be installed, but will not display Flash content. In some cases updating to the latest Flash Player using the included utility can correct the User Account Control settings that cause this problem.

To run the utility, find your installed Flash folder:

• Right-click C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9d.exe
    The letter changes with each Flash version, so may be "FlashUtilb.exe" or "FlashUtile.exe"
  • Select "Run as Administrator"
  • Follow the steps to complete the Flash Player installation
  • Restart your computer

I would say adobe has released a bad version update program and will need to address this issue.

-------------
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com

Message posted by Carruss on February-16-2008 at 5:05am
View Carruss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Carruss Search   Quote Carruss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Carruss
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-05-2008
9 Posts

Ok, I'm back with the results!

I have found that it was actually a problem with the FTP (crap) software I used! It did not transfer the files correctly, not once, not twice but three times. I have now sorted the problem so thanks for the input.

Good point about changing the version numbers manually though as this was an issue to on a friends PC.

Carruss.

Message posted by mustang_lex on February-18-2008 at 2:48pm
View mustang_lex's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mustang_lex Search   Visit mustang_lex's Homepage www   Quote mustang_lex Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mustang_lex
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-05-2006
30 Posts

For those who run Windows XP and also may have Flash CS3 installed. I found the fix for this problem. I hope this issue won't effect our potential prospects who view the VT's on their PC. Its related to the flash player. Besure you see the files below that are bold first before doing this process.

STEP 1. I closed down Tourweaver 3.00, and Internet Explorer 7.0. It may not make a difference but I suggest you do.

STEP 1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\ and double-click uninstall_activeX and complete the un-install. You will see a few less files in the folder now.

STEP 2. Double Click NPSWF32_FlashUtil and follow it's instructions.

You should now be able to view your Virtual Tours again!

I hoped I helped

BTW. Just changing the Version numbers in the html DID NOT work.

-------------
Alex - Graphics Designer

http://www.ihearyadevelopments.com/virtualtour

Message posted by smooth on February-18-2008 at 10:47pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by mustang_lex on February-18-2008

BTW. Just changing the Version numbers in the html DID NOT work.

Don't see why you should be any different?

.... and you must still change the HTML code so other may view your tours that have upgraded to the latest Flash release.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on November-10-2008 at 12:54pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Wanted to add my results to this thread for further searches. Today using TW4 I published a tour and uploaded the files via FTP. Tour worked fine on local drive but received the message of the flash update on the net.

Came here, done a search and found this thread. Used the recommendation from Smooth and changed the version number to reflect 9 with out the whole version number. Uploaded and went to the net to check and received the same flash update message.

Before I started with uninstalling and rebooting, I took a closer look and found what TW4 tells us on the published page.

FILE STRUCTURE MUST REMAIN IN TACT!

I had created a folder for my new tour and uploaded all the files to that folder. I then opened the page that I wanted to insert the link on and made my changes...Does not work.

Moved all the files out of the folder I had created and all works just fine.

Now with that said, I have 8 tours that I will be loading and TW4 outputs a couple of files that are not located in the folder. I'm not at my pc right now and can not think of them. One is like TW???.swf and the other is SWF??? (not sure with out looking). So any way to keep it all in tact what do I need to do for these 8 tours when uploading because my FTP client is going to say "that file already exist do you want to over write"

Hope this helps and look forward to some help with the last part there.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register