Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Connecting Maps to Images Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-17-2008 at 1:12am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
What version and edition of TW are you using?

In TW 3 only the professional version allows multiple maps - the standard version only allows one map per tour. View the edition compare page

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by Redwoodguy on February-17-2008 at 3:38pm
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

I failed to mention that I own TW 3.0 Professional and know that if you only have the regular TW 3.0, all you can add is one map. 

Erin

Message posted by mskp on February-17-2008 at 4:47pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Erin!

Under "Properties & Actions" of each scene you have to choose the map you want to link that image with. It can happen that part of the "Prop&Act" display is hidden. You have to click on the small blue arrow at the right bottom of the window to extend it and show more of the settings.

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by Redwoodguy on February-20-2008 at 12:24am
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

Martin,

Many thanks for your reply!  As much as I try, NOT every image in the scene viewer brings up both the Property and Actions option-and I reallllly looked for that small arrow you were talking about-never found it.   I've brought this up to EasyPano Live suppport and have gotten no reply, so I am still frustrated and confused as to "WHAT" triggers the appearance of BOTH the Properties and Action when I place an image in the Viewer.  I understand from the User Manual that I can't use an image that I've added to the library, so I try using an image from the drop down menu, just below Main Window and am instantly transported BACK to my original image.  Obviously this is very frustrating.  I have also tried copying an image in the slide show and insert it into the Movie timeline.  This works, but again, it is a hit or miss situation if I get both Properties and Actions related to that image.  I've asked Live Support, but again, all I have gotten so far is silence.  So either there is a special circumstance that has to exist when you add a scene so that an associated Properties and Action option is available, or I'm doing something not covered in the manual, or that whoever wrote the manual failed to include what the exact circumstances were that you had to meet before turning on both Properties and Actions.  At the moment, I am frustrated beyond words and on top of that now my partial tours won't Save and I get an error message about some system conflict that my pc wants to report back to Microsoft!  I don't think that I'm thick as a brick as the song says, but after many readings of the manual, all I am left with is experimenting and hopefully stumbling upon the circumstances where I can add a scene and both the Properties and Actions options are activated and I can connect the scene to a particular map.

Erin

Message posted by smooth on February-20-2008 at 1:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Even though you may have highlighted the scene in the list sometimes you must click it again to bring up the Properties & Actions. Also you must click the stupid adobe copied tiny arrow to access the extra map commands.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on February-20-2008 at 6:58am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Erin!

It is strange, because every scene, image, map or even object shows the properties window. Some even include action if you can add one to it. If it did not show up, choose to activate it in the menu bar under "window" and click "Properties and Actions" there. Thanks to Smooth who used a more illustrative way to show you what I wrote in my first post. I still do not know how to do it that way.
If it still wont work, let us know. I can not explain at this moment what is wrong. I have to confess that I did not understand at all what you tried to tell us in your last reply. Why dont you try to start a new project with just one scene.

Open "New Project" with a default skin and viewer and everything you need, to avoid to create something new. Now you have the skin with the viewer. At right hand you have different windows. If not go to menubar and open "List" window. Once opened go to it and click the "Add" button. (the first one-the left one). Choose the kind of image you want to add and search for it in your files. No with only that one scene included the "Properties and Actions" menu has to show up at the bottom of your screen, under the viewer. Again if not go to the menubar and under "Window" choose "Properties".

Sorry for the extend and maybe superfluous reply, but I hope it helps.

Any help you are welcome, regards, Martin

Message posted by Redwoodguy on February-20-2008 at 6:25pm
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

Martin and Smooth-

Many thanks for the feedback, animation and I aplogize if it seems I'm adding confusion to consternation.  I'm going to follow Martin's advice and just start from zero and put together a test tour using one of the blank skins provided.  Also, thanks Smooth for clarifying the aspect ratio of panorama's-I had been meaning to ask that.  So I'm taking some of my RAW images and maps and running them through PS-CS2 and will try to put together a silly, but hopefully fully functional tour and discover what triggers the Action tab to appear-and yes the little arrows are a nuisance!

Erin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register