Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: FTP Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by FourSS on February-28-2008 at 9:52am
View FourSS's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by FourSS Search   Visit FourSS's Homepage www   Quote FourSS Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
FourSS
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-28-2008
4 Posts

Hi Guys, I know this is a well-used question but I have a few questions...

We have a FTP Server but i'm not sure as to where to put the files on it due to the fact that our ftp server is FULL of files html files images and everything...Is there a right and a wrong place to put the OUTPUT files from TW 3?? Our website aslo runs on Templates where one template is used for all the pages of our website...This means I just can't throw the HTML code into it and make is work...I have to be able to link it to somewhere...If this question is confusing (join the club)...Please let me know if you have any ideas as to what I can try...Thank you...

Four Seasons Sales

-------------
LoH is the Best!!

Message posted by roadkillron on February-28-2008 at 2:05pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
I would say to keep all the files from TW sorted in a folder(s). and link the html in your content pages to the TW files in the folder(s).

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by FourSS on February-29-2008 at 1:06pm
View FourSS's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by FourSS Search   Visit FourSS's Homepage www   Quote FourSS Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
FourSS
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-28-2008
4 Posts
I tried that and i'm still getting a "Page cannot be displayed" Message...Anyother ideas...

Message posted by smooth on February-29-2008 at 1:27pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If you simply upload everything that Tourweaver outputs and keep the file structure exactly the same there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

If you need to link to the tour from another "template" page simply make a hyperlink (Text or Image) from the template page to the tourweaver_name.html document within the Tourweaver output folder you have uploaded.

If you provide me with access to the server I will set up a sample if you have no luck yourself.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pankost on February-29-2008 at 1:33pm
View pankost's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pankost Search   Quote pankost Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pankost
Standard Member
Standard Member
Greece
December-12-2007
13 Posts

hi fourss

in your ftp open a new directrory

put all the files of the export of the tw in there

the path will be

(your site)/(new directory)/(your tour html)

this is the way

if it doesnt play you write something wrong

Message posted by FourSS on February-29-2008 at 2:12pm
FourSS
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-28-2008
4 Posts
Thanks Guys i'll give that s try.....

-------------
LoH is the Best!!

Message posted by FourSS on February-29-2008 at 3:46pm
FourSS
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-28-2008
4 Posts

Ok did that still having this error when clicking on the link..

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
  • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Any other ideas...I don't run the ftp server but I can get into it...

-------------
LoH is the Best!!

Message posted by smooth on February-29-2008 at 11:23pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Like I said, give me temporary access and I will set up a sample for you.

Really it is no big deal and will only take a couple of minutes.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register