Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Video output quality Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vear on March-14-2008 at 7:02am
View vear's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vear Search   Quote vear Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vear
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-14-2008
1 Posts
Hi there,

I've checked out the Tourweaver demo and exportet a video from my tour, but the quality isn't the best. Is this a matter of the demo version and can I change the video settings in the full version or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance :)

Message posted by smooth on March-14-2008 at 8:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Unfortunately that is the quality. Please search the topic as it has been covered.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on March-14-2008 at 10:06am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
I just last night used the H.264 output with settings of 720x480 and the fr of 25. You may have to click on the mpeg1 to gain access to the size windows. I then took it into Vegas 8 added a sound track (did not sharpen or anything) rendered an avi file settings were "Best" and frame rate 26. Went into Encore and created a DVD. Played it on my 52" Sony and it was stunning.
Kerry

Message posted by smooth on March-14-2008 at 12:21pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Stunning?

OK, I had given up on this one. Way too many hours invested and nothing from anyone in the way of support. I came up with a completely different alternative for making high quality DVD tours.

So what is the process?

Record the movie track to H.264 Codec output and then?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on March-14-2008 at 8:15pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Smooth,

The results have been stunning. As I said in my previous post, in EP Export Video, change the dimensions to 720 x 480. You have to select MPEG-1or 2 in order to be able to change the dimensions. Be sure to deselect the "Use Original document size" option. Select H.264 and leave the Frame Rate at 25.

I then take the AVI file into Vegas 8, add sound and render at NTSC DV, "Best" and 23.96 frame rate.

Drop into Encore and make a DVD.

I get no squiggles and the pictures are sharp. The run time is to the second.

I haven't tried the widescreen option yet. That is next.

If you use the 352 x 240 dimensions out of EP, you will end up with garbage as you can't enlarge the dimensions later without distortion.

Hope this helps. I don't use Premiere so I can't help there, but the same principles should apply. If I can help further, let me know.

Kerry

Message posted by smooth on March-15-2008 at 12:07pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kerry,

Mate, I have been playing....

and, fact is I didn't have Sony Vegas 8 so I downloaded a trial. First impression was not great. Nothing was self explanatory at all (at least with me at the wheel!) also couldn't see why it was needed (apart maybe for adding audio). At almost $600 USD get in I think I'll give that a miss.

Don't have or use Adobe Encore either, but I take it it will except the FMPG4 format the H2.64 Tourweaver outputs directly? Or did this need to be processed through Sony Vegas 8 first?

Jeez, life shouldn't be this hard should it? It really should just be export to Video and then render to DVD.

I do have Pinnacle Studio 10.7 Plus but it doesn't deal with FMPG4 H2.64. I also have MOVAVI Video Suite 4.6.3 and again it doesn't deal with FMPG4 H2.64. So I moved onto Stoik Video Converter 2 also no go with FMPG4 H2.64. Downloaded Cyberlink PowerDirector 6.0 nope, no go! So moved onto reading forums - seems Pinnacle Studio 11 with latest patches "should deal with FMPG4 H2.64" but haven't proved it. Read that Ultra MP4 Video Converter was the way to go so downloaded the trial and had some success but! The rendered quality just like before when we visited this topic is crap.

This is after trying every possible way of outputting video from Tourweaver. Changing sizes, changing the input panorama quality, trying customized mpeg1 and customized mpg2 along with H2.64 720x480 and Wide screen 780x450, Pal, NTSC the works.

Just to add some confidence back into my work I went back to my "other" method just to be sure again of the quality and compare with the crap I had been getting.

What I can tell you is that I created a Quicktime movie with a 6000x3000 image and displayed it full screen with DevalVR at 1680x1050 fullscreen and recorded the screen with manual mouse and keyboard driven navigation. It created a High Quality file at 3.4GB at 25FPS (PAL) that runs for approximately 3 minutes converted it to a non-compressed .avi and ended up with a movie 12.8GB (HUGE) for 3 minutes of footage! But high quality using Virtual Dub 1.4 (Free) Software This I could then input onto the stage of Pinnacle Studio 10.7 Plus and render out to DVD "Best Quality" 25FPS PAL (because that is the system used in Australia (England also). If I had been the USA it would have been 29.97FPS NTSC. 

The final DVD file size ended up at 124MB and played back on my 1920x1080 HD TV as good as any I've seen. Knowing full well that "normal non HD" DVD resolution is only 720x576 in wide-screen 16:9 format.

So! I get quality DVD playback after a lot of mucking around (simply because of the H2.64 format) and the lack of current support by "most" video software products.

If Adobe Encore or Premier deals with it directly by supporting FMPG4 H2.64 and even perhaps even the very latest versions of other software like Pinnacle Studio 11, Coral/Ulead VideoStudio 11.5 Plus, MOVAVI VideoSuite or MOVAVI Video Converter or the many others out there that is great and will no doubt ease the pain. But why we need to do this leg work first is beyond me? Clear instructions should have been including with support when this H2.64 Codec was introduced into Tourweaver.

To all reading this if you simply need to convert the FMPG4 H2.64 movie that Tourweaver outputs into something usable then Ultra MP4 Video Converter seems the best value at around $29.99 USD. 

I would suggest you test and test some more before parting with cash on any of the Video conversion/editing packages.

Good luck, cross your fingers and have fun.

Regards, Smooth   

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on March-16-2008 at 10:05am
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Smooth, I have had Vegas for a long time and have upgraded as they came out with new versions. I have done video for a long time and have a lot of software .....Serious Magic stuff which is now Adobe's and so forth. I just added the H264 file to Vegas to add sound. Encore makes great DVDs and I want to offer DVDs to customers for whom I have done VTs.

I have gone into Windows Movie Maker and you can make an AVI or what ever out of it. I have ffdshow installed, so I don't know whether that makes it work or not.

I don't know the quality as it crashed just as it was completing the AVI file. Will try again later after I reboot.

Kerry

Message posted by smooth on March-16-2008 at 11:13am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I can confirm that Windows Movie Maker will NOT read the FMPG4 H2.64 Tourweaver movie.

If you install standard ffdshow it still won't.

But if you install ffdshow-tryout it will. I completed a movie no worries.

Still the output in my testing is poor quality.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on March-16-2008 at 11:27am
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Good news. Windows Movie Maker can do it. Makes a monster file, but what the hey! Give it a shot guys. The price is right. Make an AVI file and then go for a DVD or it will make a VCD right out of the program.

Click to make CD and then change the settings if you don't want to make a CD.

I didn't pursue it to make a DVD to check quality, but seemed OK in Windows media

Kerry

Message posted by smooth on March-16-2008 at 11:47am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Kerry Rudy on March-16-2008
Good news. Windows Movie Maker can do it. Makes a monster file, but what the hey! Give it a shot guys. The price is right. Make an AVI file and then go for a DVD or it will make a VCD right out of the program.

So long as you install ffdshow-tryout as I mentioned above.

Quality must be subjective between Kerry and myself. Which raises the question what was the panorama image size you are using Kerry? Mine is 6000x3000 .jpg at 100%

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register