Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: What is the current laptop of choice? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by stealth on March-14-2008 at 4:53pm
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts

And additionally, is there anything wrong with the idea of using a midrange Dell desktop (1 gig RAM) for Easypano, if I use a MacBook Pro to demo to my resort or real estate customer?

I am leaning to the MacBook Pro as my laptop, if I move foreward

-------------
Robin

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-14-2008 at 6:30pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey there

I've just bought a wee dell m1330 and I love it but if you want 'wow' potential then have a peek at dells m2010 20 inch monster...

I also have a 17inch Asus A7T and their customer support is first class.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by stealth on March-29-2008 at 9:49pm
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts

RFH,

The 20 inch you identify is not a laptop. I need a laptop.

-------------
Robin

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-30-2008 at 5:46pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Actually it is...you didn't specify that typical mobility is an issue.  I was replying to your comment about wanting it to demo your products to a customer.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m2010?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Apologies for wasting our time.

-------------

Message posted by maxxnas on March-31-2008 at 12:57am
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

I might as well give my two cents on this... I use the Dell m2010 and have no regrets.  I bought it specifically to present my clients with my website and virtual tour presentations.  It it the best laptop I have ever owned.

My clients all say the same thing...WOW!  The display is one of the best I have ever seen.  There are some drawbacks.  This unit uses a 16-Cell battery which last about 2 hours (good for my presentations), it weight about 18LBS (not good if you have to carry it over a distance), and will NOT work well on a plane (since the bluetooth keyboard detaches). 

I bought the leather carrier which has a pull out handle like a luggage case and wheels which makes it easy to transport.  For me, I put it in my car, drive to my clients, and go to my meeting.  No problems there.

The gyro remote control especially comes in handy if you're doing a presentation for a group of people and you want to stand up, walk around and talk.  Bottom line.... The m2010 is the best presentation laptop I have ever worked with and it's display is outstanding.   The price is a little high but if you're going for the WOW factor to show off your work then this is the machine to do it.

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-05-2008 at 4:19pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

Just thought I'd add in that I have now bought an M2010 and I loooooove it - the display is phenomenal and the full screen panos look awesome.  It certainly does have a 'wow' factor.

DELL have now discontinued it (they did it while mine was on order with them but no-one told the sales team - I cancelled and bought one from ebay).

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register