Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Less quality during rotation Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Willem on November-19-2003 at 5:13am
View Willem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Willem Search   Visit Willem's Homepage www   Quote Willem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Willem
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-05-2002
26 Posts
I noticed that when i rotate the pano, the picture gets a lesser quality. Now we use the ptviewer.jar and that works much better. But i realy like the software ! Is there anything to do about this problem ? Also I like to know where i can change the rotation speed . Please let me know ...

Message posted by Jeffy on November-22-2003 at 1:44am
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

I agree with both of your points. The picture quality could/should be better during rotation. I remember that it is important to have your window size a multiple of 8, but even that doesn't help.

I'd like to be able to control the initial rotation speed and the sensitivity of the input during rotations. (ie. I can't get it to rotate fast enough with my mouse and I have to really move my mouse a long way with the button down to get it up to full rotations speed.)

It is a great product, especially for version 1.0. I'm just looking for tweaks for v1.1. ;-)

----------------Jeff

Message posted by tdmerch on November-26-2003 at 11:42pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

I would buy this program today if the panos didn't have the banding/shimmering look when rotating and if the rotation speed was controllable.  Is Easypano working on this and when will we see a fix?

Tom

Message posted by smooth on November-27-2003 at 12:29am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I believe this is their own viewer and NOT PTViewer. This is somewhat disappointing. I too am hoping for a fix.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on November-27-2003 at 12:50am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

It would be nice to get a response from Easypano about this. 

I'm messing with the demo right now, checking out all the functions.  I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions for added features but this issue is getting down to basics...quality!  Let's go Easypano, I'm itching to use this program.

Tom

Message posted by windy on November-27-2003 at 3:58pm
View windy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by windy Search   Quote windy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
windy
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-13-2003
14 Posts
If it is a must for you to regulate the speed of the tour rotation,you can implement the API methods, autoPan(double dPPS, double dTPS,double dFOVPS) in JavaScript to achieve your goal. How to implement the JavaScript API, please refer to Easypano Tourweaver Manual Chapter 7 which can be downloaded at http://www.easypano.com/download/productdocument/31/Tourweaver
In our future updated version, allowing the advanced users to modify "autoPan" method in config.txt.

Message posted by widget on December-08-2003 at 1:25pm
View widget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by widget Search   Quote widget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
widget
Standard Member
Standard Member
Zimbabwe
December-08-2003
15 Posts

Hi, I think the problem is that Tourweaver relies on Javascript which is slow coparing it with the java runtie envireoment that ptviewer relied upon. The picture is not only slow but not smooth.
The situation is very similar for an advanced 3d application trying to run on a 2d card.

Please  Easypano programmers take care of it as it is a VERY serious drawback. PTviewer has much better performace.

If I want to describe it with one word I would say:

"GLITCHES"

chaw,

To give it a more accurate

Message posted by tdmerch on December-09-2003 at 11:22pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

I'm happy to see that the Version 1.01 viewer is much better that version 1.0.  The panning is still a bit jerky but it's much better.

There is something that I am seeing that really bugs me.  I have a band running vertically down the center of the image in the viewer around 2 pixels wide that reveals a miss alignment of the left and right halves of the image.  This is most noticeable in shapes and lines that run at a 45-degree angle.  Has anyone else noticed this quirk?  It looks like one side is slightly higher that the other half by only a pixel or so and within the band the program is trying to blend the two halves. 

I have not uploaded my trial tour to my web server yet but I did to my hard drive so I know it works.  I think it's great that Easypano has opened the program up to let us upload them, even with their logo, so we can share the trial tours with each other.  When I upload the one I've been messing with to my server, I'll post the address and you can all have a go at it, I could use the input.

Tom

Message posted by smooth on December-10-2003 at 12:16am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Look forward to seeing it Tom.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Jeffy on December-10-2003 at 12:54pm
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

tdmerch,

I see that banding also. I am going to guess that the software is duplicating a column of pixels in the middle of the screen. Take a nearly verticle line and very slowly rotate it across the middle of the window. You'll see the line "fatten" as it crosses the mid point of the window.

-------------Jeff

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register