Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Panorama with Hotspot or BIG MISTAKE? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Redwoodguy on March-17-2008 at 10:25pm
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

Hi Folks,

I decided to put a hotspot in the middle of a panorama I had created of the viewer standing in the middle of a bridge crossing over a big stream-my intent was to show the viewer what the streem looked like from the side and also show that among other things, there were nice amenities at the side of the stream-tables, firepits for cooking, disposal sites, etc.  My experience so far has been the following:

1.The hotspot worked and took the viewer to the side of the stream--However, I could not make that hotspot into a a panorama with another hotspot to take the viewer back to their original position on the bridge when they clicked the hotspot.  OK.

2. So I create a hotspot to take folks on the bridge to a STILL of the side of the stream, showing the amenities, plus having a hotspot to take them back to the place on the bridge where they originally clicked on the hotspot.

3. OK, regarding number one (and feel free to prove me wrong), you cannot hotspot to a panorama then return to their original position.

4. IF you click on the hotspot from the bridge and go to the STILL SCENE with the hotspot--when you click on the hotspot it does in fact take you back to the place on the bridge where you clicked on the hotspot, and continues with the rest of the panorama.  HOWEVER, the program only allows you to return to that place, continues the panorama, BUT THEN IT DOES NOT STOP where you had originally programmed the PANORAMA TO STOP and transition to the next scene--INSTEAD-it continues the panorama PAST the point you specified the panorama should stop and transition to the next scene-INSTEAD, it just keeps spinning and you are stuck on that bridge until you escape the tour, restart it, then DO NOT click on the hotspot, instead just allow the tour to play out-which it does. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is the software not capable of bringing a viewer back to the place where they clicked on the hotspot and simply continue the tour as I programmed it? OR AM I missing some point, option, button, etc. that I should be pressing to make the tour move back and forth to hotspots and at the same time continue the tour once a viewer has finished seeing a hotspot and returned to the main tour?

Erin

Message posted by smooth on March-17-2008 at 11:51pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You should be able to do whatever you like so long as you create a "new movie track" you will need to know the exit and entry parameters/positions of the panorama so you can line these up correctly.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by mskp on March-18-2008 at 9:34am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Erin!
What I think that happens is that once you interfere in the "automatic play" of the tour, (choosing a thumbnail, another image or a hotspot) the tour stops and will not start or play again the way you edited it. What I do in those cases is add a button (toggle) that allows the viewer to stop and start the tour. Then when one choose another image or a hotspot, the button changes automatically to play. Only if you choose play the original default tour (movie) will play again. In my tours the text on the button does not say play/stop, I write "stop tour" and "resume tour", changing the colour depending of the state. I think, the viewer will understand it better. Regarding the hospot you mentioned to show another view, why dont you include that view in a pop-up window, so you do not need another hotspot, just close that window and the tour keeps playing under it.

Here is a link to a tour I once prepared as a demo:

http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/pruebas/tour/msk360_500simple.html

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by Redwoodguy on March-18-2008 at 8:17pm
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

Thank you Smooth and Martin, I'll try both approaches once I solve two bigger problems (I've put in bug reports): 1: when I remove and resize a still scene in the middle of a movie, it then becomes the default beginning of the movie, no matter how many variations and new movies I make on the same tour (a national forest); 2: now when I open Tourweaver-assuming that my problem is that the image in problem 1 above is stuck in the image buffer-now the movie timeline will not, under any prompting, cursing, etc. APPEAR.  Guys, this is a nearly new dual core 1.8GH intel 32/64 bit processor with 2 gigs of RAM, so I am not trying to get blood out of a stone!

Hopefully the good folks at EasyPano will have some fixes.

Erin

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-19-2008 at 8:14am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I also have had the issue with your problem #2. I just close out TW and reopen and most of the time that takes care of it. I also had a similar problem as #1 but found that I had failed to put the still in the new movie time line. 

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Redwoodguy on March-19-2008 at 1:18pm
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

I think the "secret" is that the software is moody.  It will have a few good days, then for some unknown reason, will be nothing but one headache after another.  When I opened the program today, it acted as if there were no problems!  And this is not the first time when for some unknown reason the program gets cantankerous and will NOT perform-I equate this to my daughter's off and on days: she's pregnant and about six weeks away from delivery and everyday she calls and is in either an "OK" mood, or cranky and NOTHING will soothe her, even her very patient husband.  I think the folks at EP have a good product, but that "reliability" from day to day might be something they should take a look at.

Just my two cents. 

Erin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register