Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Taking Tourweaver To It's Limits Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maxxnas on March-24-2008 at 1:12pm
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

I've been experimenting with a new concept and hope the members of this forum can let me know a few things.

After designing a website for a Country Club (www.riverviewcountryclub.com), I got the bright idea to try to do virtual tours of their golf course.  Needless to say, it was one of the worse projects I ever encountered.  It was the end of the season and there were three million divots in the grasses which had to be cloned out.

I broke the tours down into two sections (Front 9 and Back 9).  That still puts 20 tours in one interface!  In addition I added 9 aeriel maps per tours as well as clickable audio hotspots.

This brought the tour size to 26 Megs.  I'm running high speed cable so the tour loads in no problem and continues to load in the background.

I was wondering if anyone could take a peek and see if this works on their internet connection.  The only thing I noticed so far was that the button controls are a little slow to react in the beginning.

Here is the link.....

http://64.23.116.208/golf

Thanks for your input!

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

Message posted by disjo on March-24-2008 at 2:29pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
No problems at all, just found a little error.

In the footer of the loading page you write that the tour requires flash 8 or higher, but TW-tours requires min. Flash 9.0.28.

Message posted by maxxnas on March-24-2008 at 6:03pm
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

Thanks for catching that disjo.  I forgot all about updating that.

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-24-2008 at 6:52pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Great job Maxxnas, a light bulb just went off in my head.
Where did you get the aerial maps of the greens?
BTW it loaded very fast with IE6 on high speed cable and I loved the intro. How does one go about pricing a project like this? I am going to approach a minor league ballpark about a tour.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by maxxnas on March-24-2008 at 11:25pm
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on March-24-2008
Great job Maxxnas, a light bulb just went off in my head.
Where did you get the aerial maps of the greens?
BTW it loaded very fast with IE6 on high speed cable and I loved the intro. How does one go about pricing a project like this? I am going to approach a minor league ballpark about a tour.

Thanks Realtor Jerry!  The aerial maps came directly from the golf course itself.  It was their course guide booklet.  I simply scanned it in at high resolution and cleaned it up a bit.  I imagine however you can get the same results by using Microsoft Virtual Earth or Google Earth.  Just do a screen capture and a little photoshop work and you are there.

The intro was quite easy.  That only took me a few hours to animate in flash.  I had much more difficulty redoing EasyPano's full screen button control in flash (go figure).

Now the pricing part.  This can be rather difficult.  Taking virtual tours of a golf course and an interior home are completely different.  I spent many months cleaning each photo making the course look pristine.  I only posted 1/2 the tour and there is still the back nine which I did as well.  

Most customers will not be getting all 18 holes like my example.  This came to a total of 40 tours and alot of courses will just want their signature holes.  The price will vary based on the customer's needs. 

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-25-2008 at 11:37am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
I wanted to see your golf your but got this error:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /golf/ on this server."

I'm using Firefox.

Any ideas to what might be wrong?

Best regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-25-2008 at 1:09pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I'm sure it is great but I got an error message too... (AOL with IE 7 installed)

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-25-2008 at 7:01pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
It is great but when I went back to have another look I got the same message.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by maxxnas on March-25-2008 at 7:43pm
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

Sorry Guys.  My small server was getting hit with too much bandwidth usage after I posted this.   I'll let you know when I post this to my clients website.  Thanks for your interest.

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by stealth on March-29-2008 at 9:35pm
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts
I have high speed, the new window counts down rapidly, ads the symbols in the lower right, window turns black and seems to be looping with no error. Seems like the cpu is looping on somehting with a base busy of about 15%. I have a GB RAM on a Dell

-------------
Robin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register