Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Photomatix update Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on March-28-2008 at 7:14pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Just some info for those who use Photomatix. Photomatix Pro version 3.0 has been released. I downloaded it, it was a free upgrade for me, and really like it. Seems like much better results in the HDR department. Seems to be faster also. Only had a few minutes to play with it but was pleasantly surprised. Here is the link for the Windows version if anyone is interested. http://www.hdrsoft.com/download/win.html
Maybe some of you that are good with it can share some of your tips and tricks.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-29-2008 at 7:29am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Great news. Thanks for sharing.

I am not sure if this helps anyone, but I have something to share about the use of Photomatix.

I normally shoot a lot of bracketed images whereafter I blend them in Photomatix. Sometimes I experience that the windows are still too blown out. I then stitch in PW and save the stitching parameters. Then I stitch a new panorama with the darkest set of images where everything is totally black - except the windows. I then blend the 2 panoramas in Photomatix and this often resolves the problem with the windows.

Regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by stealth on March-29-2008 at 8:53pm
View stealth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by stealth Search   Quote stealth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
stealth
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-05-2008
16 Posts
How do you get multiple images at different exposures for a a single exact scene. One example on their website showed a boat moving away yet it remained in the same spot shot after shot.

-------------
Robin

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-30-2008 at 12:19am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Thanks for the info realtor jerry - I use photomatrix every day - I wish they had sent an email out to let us know. I've just started working with this new version and I like it a lot.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-31-2008 at 10:58am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Robin, the moving boat was a question on their FAQ. They said the boat was moving very slow. As for the mutiple images, my camera will do auto bracket shots I can do either 3 or 5 shot in the matter of about 2 seconds. This will give me the over and under exposure needed. Of course you have to be using a tripod. I also use a remote control so I don't have to touch the camera.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by mskp on March-31-2008 at 11:23am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Robin! Another way (moving boat) is to shoot in RAW and create from one image a set of one under, one over and one normal exposed and then process the three images with Photomatix. This is very useful in cases where moving objects are in the shot. That is one of many advantages of shooting in RAW.

Regards, Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register