Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: How to publish to webpage? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by frankc on March-29-2008 at 12:55pm
View frankc's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by frankc Search   Quote frankc Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
frankc
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-29-2008
4 Posts

Hi, I am new to all this so be gentle with me.

I have just bought and installed Tourweaver3 and I am getting along fine with it.

I have made my first 'tour' and wish to put it on my webpage. I published my efforts to a file on my computer. So now I have a large file with lots in it: :-Scene folder, Sounds folder, autorun.inf etc etc  But what do I do with it all?  I know how to ftp files to my server. But which files do I send? All of them? What do I link to to see the tour?

So basically I have all these new files and I dont know what to do with them. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Message posted by smooth on March-29-2008 at 1:37pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You must upload all the output files to your server keeping the same file structure.

You can view the tour via either of the (2) HTML files. One has the code to "pop" a sized window and this page also shows the code you would need if you wished to place the "hyperlink" in another web page.

The second page is the actual tour page. You may just like to make a hyperlink to the page from any other web page you choose. This option though will show a complete full page (not sized to suit the parameters of the Tourweaver tour).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by frankc on March-29-2008 at 2:26pm
View frankc's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by frankc Search   Quote frankc Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
frankc
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-29-2008
4 Posts

"You can view the tour via either of the (2) HTML files"

so I can link to either of these two(?) files :

Tourweaver_Project_6.html

or

Flashversion.html

or

Expressinstall.html

and the tour will just pop up?  (after uploading the lot the the server obviously first)

So this is what I intend to do, please tell me if I miss anything. Create a folder on my server and lets call it 'tour' then upload all the files in my published folder on my computer. Then link to one of the .html files mentioned above and the tour should work?

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

Message posted by smooth on March-29-2008 at 2:56pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, link to Tourweaver_Project_6.html

So the hyperlink will be www.yourwebsite.com/tours/Tourweaver_Project_6.html

That will get you started. Post a URL when your ready and explain what you would ultimately like to do and we will help you along the way.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by frankc on March-29-2008 at 4:47pm
frankc
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-29-2008
4 Posts
Thanks very much. Will let you know how I get on. :)

Message posted by frankc on March-29-2008 at 5:18pm
frankc
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-29-2008
4 Posts
Just tried it. Worked well. Thanks for all your help, its appreciated.:)

Message posted by Maesstro on August-20-2009 at 7:23pm
View Maesstro's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Maesstro Search   Quote Maesstro Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Maesstro
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
April-07-2009
5 Posts
Ok, but if I want to upload multiple tour. Example: a real estate site wants to put a v-tour to each different property do you upload everything in the same folder? how do you sugest to organize this.

Message posted by leescott on August-20-2009 at 7:44pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Generally you would post each v-tour in a separate folder on your site then use a Web program such as "web Expressions", Dreamweaver to design the main page for your site.

Generally this file is named "index.htm or index.html". That page would have the pictures to the each of the v-tours hyper linked to the individual tours.

If you are not a web programmer there are several pre-designed pages you can download and change to meet your needs such as the following:

Web design help
Another site for web design
Lastly incrediflash_web design
Have fun

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register