Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: software transfer Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by usa1 on March-29-2008 at 10:11pm
View usa1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by usa1 Search   Quote usa1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
usa1
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2008
10 Posts

Two questions:

#1 It appears the software key issued is machine specific.  You can transfer machines but have to remember this is a requirement.  Am I understanding this correctly?  Bottom line, would have purchased Panorama2Flash weeks ago if there wasn't that requirement.

I downloaded Tourweaver this morning.

#2 Did the price of tourweaver go from $150 to $200 today?  I downloaded the demo this morning, swear it was $150  ...  now its $200?

Message posted by smooth on March-30-2008 at 1:13am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tourweaver Standard is $199.95 Price has NOT changed. You are allowed to install on (2) separate computers. You also have the option to transfer the license away to another computer should you need to work at a library, Internet kiosk whilst away or at a friend/clients house. You just need to remember.

For me, I have one set for the main office computer and the other license is used as needed and when finished deactivated/transfered away ready for the next time it is needed.

It really is a great system for LEGAL licensing of your software.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by usa1 on March-30-2008 at 9:44pm
View usa1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by usa1 Search   Quote usa1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
usa1
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2008
10 Posts
So lets say your hard drive crashes.  It doesn't happen often but does happen.  The "great" system all of a sudden isn't so great.  When I purchase software, I want a key. 

Message posted by smooth on March-31-2008 at 12:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You simply log into your Easypano account and transfer the license as needed. Your account is Username and Password protected. If all else fails you contact Easypano support and their sort it for you in good time.

The software comes with a key and uses Internet connection for conformation.

Really there is nothing to fear (unless you are pirating software) or using it outside of the license agreement.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by usa1 on March-31-2008 at 7:03am
usa1
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2008
10 Posts

"Really there is nothing to fear (unless you are pirating software) or using it outside of the license agreement."  ??????  What ?????

Lets say you lose a hard drive (disk crash).  You have nothing to log into.  I appreciate your responses to my post but you are not addressing my concern.

Lets say someone breaks into your house and rips off your pc.  What about a fire?  An offsite backup is useless.

I don't know much about the pirating industry but I don't believe this type of registration prevents it.  Most people who pay for the software are not going to give friends copies.

Message posted by smooth on March-31-2008 at 8:39am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You buy a new hard drive and fit it or replace your fire/burnt computer. Connect to the Internet, log into your Easypano account and download a new copy of your program (or use the CD back-up copy you made the day you purchased a license). Whilst logged in to your account transfer your license away from the old computer and then install the new software on your new computer apply your license. If the license will not transfer you contact Easypano support explain the issue and they fix it. They are not a fly-by-night company!

The license is assigned to the MAC address of your hardware. If you change hardware because you upgraded or it died you can always log into your account and sort the issue out.

This would be in the unlikely event that "both" computers you own and have your licenses allocated to both fried.

"IF" this was an issue of any substance or real concern it would have been raised, discussed and sorted on this forum long before you thought about any issue that could "possibly" arise.

If it doesn't suit you because you can't get your head around this perfectly simple system don't buy it - nobody has a gun at your head.

You shouldn't go through life worrying about "ifs and buts" life is way too short for that.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by usa1 on March-31-2008 at 11:32am
usa1
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2008
10 Posts

I'm not worried about the "if and buts"  ...  I actually backup every piece of software I have, offsite, with registration key info.  By doing that, I know nothing will ever happen to my computer.

I bought a generator three years ago.  We haven't lost power since, LOL.

I don't have a problem with a transfer thing, although things do happen and it would be nice for a company representative to post something here that they would review the facts and circumstances if there was an event.

I lost a hard drive last year on one of my main machines.  Have no idea what gave on it, but it was toast.  I know of another company that had the same thing happen to them a few months ago.  This stuff doesn't happen often, but it could.

By the way, my reason for needing something like this isn't for commercial purposes.  I'm helping out my kids school.  We did a couple recruiting videos and also want to have a virtual tour online.

I've looked at every panoramic software viewer on the market, EasyPano  ...  bay far  ... is the BEST solution in the market.  I can't believe anyone would buy any other piece of software.

So I'm kind of with you on this.  Like what I'm seeing in EasyPano, very nice.  Don't like people that steal software either.

Message posted by leilatara on April-15-2008 at 10:46am
View leilatara's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leilatara Search   Visit leilatara's Homepage www   Quote leilatara Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leilatara
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-15-2008
7 Posts

I have just purchased Tourweaver 3.0 Standard and installed it on my laptop. I tried to also install it on my desktop (essential) but it rejects activation due to only one license permitted.

So can it be installed on two computers?

-------------
Mike P

Message posted by disjo on April-15-2008 at 12:55pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
Only the pro-version can be installed on 2 computers (if I'm not mistaken).

Message posted by smooth on April-15-2008 at 2:49pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Contact Easypano support for conformation as I cannot find reference to it any longer so maybe this has been changed?

It most certainly was the case, though not sure on the "Standard Version"

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register